Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personalized Plate Ideas

Ok, for the most part personalized plates make me gag (i.e. some nimrod with a festiva with plates that say THEBEST, etc...) HOWEVER, if there is a point and they are clever on a clever looking car, I'm game.

Sooooo anyone have any good ideas for personalized plates for my soon to be arriving 72 GT baby girl???

·
Registered
141 Posts
best one I ever saw was:

SXULDV8

Don't ask me to explain.

I really like the handle 'Propel' - a play on words. You'd have to ask permission, tho.

Okay -- this is cheesy, but:

minivtt

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I like [PROPEL] (tm) too :) I (for whatever odd reason) never like it when people refer to Opels as baby vettes, so just me personally I'd probably skip that one.

I am just coming up blank. I mean I could do the good ol' [72 OPEL] but thats kinda boring....

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Ideas?

I like:

GT4ME
MYOPEL
1900GT or GT1900
OPELGUY (or in your case OPELGAL)

or for my old 1.1 Kadett:

44MPG

It is kind-of a moot point, though, since they'll still be Iowa plates. :p

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh NOW we gotta throw Iowa into the mix huh?! ;)

[OPELGAL] could have some merit there... or maybe just [MY GT] ... hmmmmmm Hey you never did mention how to diagnose that torque tube donut vs new rear end issue....

·
257 Posts
I think I'll put on my Opel license plate

"PHD"

"Poor" "Hungry" "Driven"

"Poor" in the fact that I'm broke because of this Opel.
"Hungry" because of skipped meals working on Opel.
"Driven" to insanity for all the rusted bolts that wouldn't come out

That is whats going on my License Plate.
So if you see an Opel with "PHD" License plates, I'm not a doctor just another crazy Opeler Wanabe.

Stanley_P

·
GT Resurrectionist
67 Posts
Im going to put KRAUT on my tags. Why? I got tired of people telling me I have jap car or a rice burner. It's not a rice burner it's a sour kraut burner. ( IT'S GERMAN DAMN IT!! )

·
Registered
16 Posts
EMERALD

When I have mine it will read ANARKY, but that is because I will be transferring the plates off my current car unto it.

I wonder whether just "GT" is possible.

·
Opeler
94 Posts
I've thought about these myself for mine.

OPELSNC
or
OPELSNS

Take heart on the Ierwa cracks. What til they start coming at me with the North Dakota cracks!!:D

·
Super Moderator
13,582 Posts
I was fortunate enough to have ASCONA on my 1973 Ascona here in Connecticut, and also KADETT on my 1988 Pontiac LeMans a few years ago (all Pontiac badges removed and Opel emblems added of course!). Not sure what I'll have on my ITB car, but I may try for ITBOPEL for ha-ha's. Can take it more than one way of course....

Bob

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here's some I thought of for my car:
TOURN GT
RAG1N GT
DEDLY GT
PONY KLR
PWRFL GT
REDLINE
NOBRAKS (I like this one most of all)
Some I've seen over the years for the girls:
GUD GRL
BAD GRL
URACOW
247BTCH
WMNDRVR
Keep in mind those were not my ideas just some i have seen around from FL. to WY. I have friends that have OURCAR for the one Dave drives and MYCAR for his wifes. and she does claim all.!!!

RITTER

·
371 Posts
i was thinking for my gt i would

blk rose
jr rose
jr flash
LT BOLT
fun 4 me
cuafin l
tsagt du
ntavett
lots of ideas
have fun

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, here are the options I have for a vanity plate for my GT. WARNING: none of these have anything to do with Opels and that's they way I planned it. ;) Vote for your favorite or post a note here if you have a better one!

·
Registered
141 Posts
A lawyer with the name kristi?

No offence, ma'am - just having difficulty with the visual.

Go with the one you like. It's best that way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah Yeah Yeah I know.... :) I'm not a horrible person I promise! lol...

I'm leaning toward HI OFCR even though some think that may be asking for trouble... (I say I'm just being friendly...) I also thought about Schon which is German for beautiful (the CAR that is)... dunno. I'm still undecided.

·
Super Moderator
13,582 Posts
I like the license plate I saw many years ago on a Cadillac in a car magazine. The car had a twin-turbo, propane powered big-block Chevy that was making somewhere around 850 hp. The license plate read, "1FSTMF". I think that says it all.....

Bob

1 - 20 of 96 Posts