Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost had a case of being stranded by Vaporlock..I think...car started bucking and coughing when it got really hot. I was able to keep it running, and then it was fine. My question is, if it does actually stall because of vapor lock...how can I fix it...or do I have to just wait till it cools down..thanks.

·
Opeler
18 Posts
I havent had a problem yet with my opel. But my old toyota pickup used to vapor lock on really hot days. it only happend maybe 5 times tops. I didn't know any other way to get going again other then to just let everything cool down some. Eventuall I fixed the problem when I had to re-rean the fuel lines and installed a new electric fuel pump.

·
239 Posts
Vapor lock

I haven't had vapor lock yet in an Opel, have had it two times in my VW kit car as of late. I moved my fuel lines off of the hot metal fan shroud and it hasn't happened again. The systoms were like running out of gas when you pressed on the pedal and run when you didn't. Trying to start the car proved to be useless as it jus carnks till the battery gets weak. However the second time it happened and I was being towed home I put it in fisrt gear and poped the clutch, whalla the car started right up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a vapor lock once in a 69 GT with Solex carb.
Tapping of the float bowl housing with a substantial wrench did the trick!
At least, it gives you something to do while you're waiting for it to cool down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts