Opel GT Forum banner

Vehicle Shipping

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  yiger 
#1 ·
After 5 years of seperation (minus a few months last summer that nicely allowed for a trip to Carlisle), I will be reunited with my '70 GT. It's sat in Connecticut while I've been in Texas, D.C., and now Florida... But it's time to have it trucked South! I figured before I started shelling out cash to some truck driver, I'd check with y'all for horror stories, good experiences, or "things learned" regarding shipping a GT over long distances. Anyone have any comments before I trust my beloved Hazle to a stranger? Thanks!
Jeff

#3 ·
use a lot of bubble wrap then brown paper and string stick $1.39 's worth of stamps on it and stick it in the post :D

a transport company should be able to put you in touch with satisfied customers as there rep is dependant on word of mouth

#5 · (Edited)
Yes, Intercity worked well for me, very quick! The co-pilot called me a few times from her cellphone, to let me know their location. It was less than a week to transport the Manta from TX to MA. Now if I can figure out a way to get some warm weather delivered, that would be nice.

Also, their trucks have a built-in lift, so the car remains level during loading, which is good for old rust-buckets with weak structure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.