Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GR8GT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back on the road for the season,after poly bushing upgrade and new tires. At about 50 to 60 mph vibration and whirring noise starts seems to be in right rear. So much road noise inside car i decided to run car on blocks. Tires, rims, universal joint and axle faces seem to run true. Seems that the right side rear is the passive side, tire can be stopped when on blocks, but at speed listening for any noise when at the tires you can hear a marble noise.

Any ideas out there.

Thanks
Wayne

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
Have you tried spinning the tires by hand while it is on stands listening or feeling for any roughness?

Bad axle bearing? :dunno:

Harold

·
GR8GT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think you might be right, definite difference between right and left side. Any chance someone has a part number for bearing, i can get the retainer ring and seal from OGTS but the bearings are a bit pricey.

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
Is on new tires arrows.Are the arrows in direction of traffic:confused:
greeting Norbert
Directional tires? Didn't even think about that. Could be as simple as swapping sides or if the tread is asymmetrical they'll have to be dismounted and turned.

NAPA use to carry the bearings. You might try a few auto parts stores but in this case since you're already buying the O-ring and retainer from OGTS you're probably not going to save enough money to fool with doing much searching for the bearing.

Harold

·
GR8GT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, after checking out a few sources up hear OGTS might be the best bet, also probably the quickest, after all once driving season is hear i need my Opel fix at least once a day.

Thanks

Wayne - Ontario, Canada

1 - 6 of 6 Posts