Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw these on Ebay. OZ KING ALPINA VINTAGE 15x7 inch 4x100 SET WHEELS BMW E12 30 VW GOLF MK1 MK2 GTI | eBay

I really like the style. Similar (except for the black centers) to the wheels on my Bimmer (17 x x 8 in front and 17 x 9.5 in rear). See pic of LR on my car.

Anyone have pics of a GT with these wheels, or at least this style? The auction is for 15s, but similar wheels are available in 13 and 14 as well.

Thanks in advance.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Detritus Maximus
3,524 Posts
There are two types of the 13" wheels, I think. There are the stock BMW 'turbine' and the Alpina version. Similar but different.

·
Super Moderator
14,552 Posts
I’ve seen the 13” three-piece Alpina wheels, like the ones that Conrero used and BMW used on their 2002 race cars, go for $800 to $1000 each. And those are the magnesium centers, so they are no longer safe to race on, just good for car shows and such.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
536 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lynn-
Pelican Parts has some 15x6 that will fit a BMW E21.
Hi All- Careful here- those rims are for a BMW e21- (77-83 320i)... same bolt pattern, same center bore diameter, but the wrong offset! I know they will bolt right on and go down the road- but they'll stick out an extra inch or so- on Kadett and GT you're inviting a steering wheel shake that will be very hard to eliminate. And under full lock turns, you may have the tire rubbing the bodywork inside the fender... probably worse on the 50 Series cars.... Even in the BMW they were intended for, they were prone to the steering wheel shaking! Long time in the tire business, seen this before.... Don't say I didn't warn you ! Ernie

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
536 Posts
Hi All- Careful here- those rims are for a BMW e21- (77-83 320i)... same bolt pattern, same center bore diameter, but the wrong offset! I know they will bolt right on and go down the road- but they'll stick out an extra inch or so- on Kadett and GT you're inviting a steering wheel shake that will be very hard to eliminate. And under full lock turns, you may have the tire rubbing the bodywork inside the fender... probably worse on the 50 Series cars.... Even in the BMW they were intended for, they were prone to the steering wheel shaking! Long time in the tire business, seen this before.... Don't say I didn't warn you ! Ernie
Ernie- good point. Do you have a wheel or off set you recommend?

·
Detritus Maximus
3,524 Posts
Here is a pic of the BMW E21 13" wheels, 18mm offset, on my GT. Never drove on them, so I don't know about the wheel shake.

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive side marker light

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
Hi All- Careful here- those rims are for a BMW e21- (77-83 320i)... same bolt pattern, same center bore diameter, but the wrong offset!
I am not intimately familiar with the referenced wheel's offset. But as I understand it, the wheels from that vintage of BMW 320i are generally a very good fit for an Opel GT. It depends somewhat on the wheel width, rim offset (aka ET), and to a lesser extent, the tire width. The 15x6 rim (effective width 6.5") described above with an ET+16 has a backspace of a bit less than 4". That is a near perfect rim size.

Reactions: OrangPeEL
1 - 9 of 9 Posts