Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Smile

That chassis # is newer than mine, but still a kadett wagon and not an ascona (or1900) wagon. That would probably make it a late '71 or '72, but parts are all the same back to mid year '67. The big things to check are the front brakes (disc or drum) and the motor, 1100 or 1900. The 1100 and 1900 had different floor humps for a while, and the automatic transmissions another different floor too. This means that if you're planning an engine swap the 1900 automatics have the most room for it, but the 1100 4-speeds ahve the most interior space.
This is what mine looks like for comparison.

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,796 Posts
13 year crusade

The "wood" is origional, but the wheels are most definatly not. It took me 13 years to find a set of those particular wheels for an Opel, and the day I got them was happier than my wedding day.

The next set of wheels I buy will be a set of factory alloy wheels for an '81 Commodore. They are available in Europe and Australia in a 4x100mm bolt pattern, the right ofset, and 15x6.5 size. They are also butt-ugly and have opel center caps. I want a set or 2 of steel rims, too, to run on my other cars.

I also need to figure out how to get the "wood" vinyl off so I can get the car repainted, when I finally get a front-end for it. Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.