Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I just fitted an entirely new exhaust pipe to my manta, but a strange thing occurs when i start the car, a pretty big spray of water (oily?) comes out of the pipe.. 4 feet! it doesent smell like anything, is clear, and a bit oily (didn't taste it) i am using a led additive in the gas, and our gas isn't much good either, but i've never seen anything like it. could this be caused by bad valve seals?
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Sven, water coming out of the exhaust is normally associated with a blown head gasket. But because you've just replaced the exhaust system, it could be nothing more than condensation in the new pipes. The oily residue could be from the oil coating inside the pipes to prevent rust during storage of the pipes. HTH.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
i had that happen to me once ,was not loosing coolant ,gas or anything i could find till after a week i was going out to get something after the local pub had shut and found a drunk taking a toilet break at the back of the car , i just dont want to think how many times i checked that stuff out :eek:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
namba209 said:
Sven, water coming out of the exhaust is normally associated with a blown head gasket. But because you've just replaced the exhaust system, it could be nothing more than condensation in the new pipes. The oily residue could be from the oil coating inside the pipes to prevent rust during storage of the pipes. HTH.
i have antifreeze in the system, shouldn't that cause white smoke if that was getting in the cylinder? i don't have any white smoke (a little at startup aparently) the exhaust is aluminium coated, all new from manifold on... i don't think that should rust... well as far as no other simptoms occur, i'll just ignore it then. thanks! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts