Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We lost our database connection for a few hours last night. There has been a lot of concern about security issues with the databases after a "hole" was recently found. Everything was working after I upgraded the forum. When I started to re-apply some of the programs, we lost the databases (completely). :eek: I checked the logs and there was a "extremely high" amount of traffic to the Ad Board. (I did not get to add the security patch there.) Not sure if it was something I did or if it was related to the security issue. But we are back.

The Photo Gallery, Ad Board and Parts Review sections will be down until the security patch can be applied there.

All 10 databases were backed up so we would not have lost any data, but it would have been a very long weekend for me if the connection did not return.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
It must be the "luck of the Irish" Gary. We will survive without the Photo Gallery,Ads board and Parts review for a while till the patch has been applied.
Good Work on the rest of the site! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Otto's DITTO

GTJIM said:
It must be the "luck of the Irish" Gary. We will survive without the Photo Gallery,Ads board and Parts review for a while till the patch has been applied.
Good Work on the rest of the site! :)
Farias is Irish? Anyway, DITTO on GTJIM's sentiments!

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
tekenaar said:
Farias is Irish? Anyway, DITTO on GTJIM's sentiments!
Full blooded Portuguese here... It did cause some anxious moments at 1:00am when it crashed and I looked for the databases and they were Gone!

The security patches were released because of a flaw that could allow hackers to get into the database and change everything.

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gary said:
Not sure if it was something I did or if it was related to the security issue.
Just heard back from our host. Their database server was "down for maintenance" for a couple of hours last night. What timing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts