Opel GT Forum banner

181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,608 Posts
I am not certain, but they are in 2 different sections. Maybe a moderator split them?

- Cricket
The subject thread was started in the "Mechanical" Forum, so I moved it (or attempted) to the "Engine Rebuilding" Forum. For some reason (perhaps my fault), the original thread remained. I could guess that my fat fingers on my little BlackBerry KEYone screen touched "copy" rather than "move". But unless proven otherwise, I blame the new Forum software... :).

Anyway, in between driving 14 hours to the city known as Winterpeg and tending to my 96 year old mom who just got moved to a " transitional care" unit from the home she has lived in since 1950 (as in "I am busy, piss off with these stupid complaints" ), I just merged the threads, deleted the chaff, and moved it to the correct Forum.

Just remember that us Moderators are not paid a penny to do this. And I suspect that Cricket is paid just slightly more...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The subject thread was started in the "Mechanical" Forum, so I moved it (or attempted) to the "Engine Rebuilding" Forum. For some reason (perhaps my fault), the original thread remained. I could guess that my fat fingers on my little BlackBerry KEYone screen touched "copy" rather than "move". But unless proven otherwise, I blame the new Forum software... :).

Anyway, in between driving 14 hours to the city known as Winterpeg and tending to my 96 year old mom who just got moved to a " transitional care" unit from the home she has lived in since 1950 (as in "I am busy, piss off with these stupid complaints" ), I just merged the threads, deleted the chaff, and moved it to the correct Forum.

Just remember that us Moderators are not paid a penny to do this. And I suspect that Cricket is paid just slightly more...
All good bud ! Your a super noligible and stand up guy! I appreciate all you do for us! Thank you!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I was trying to post a reply in the "Opal" Mecum auction thread and kept getting the "OOps, something went wrong" message. I tried a few times and kept getting the error. The last time I tried it seemed to work but, in the thread, there were multiple postings of my reply so posting actually worked.

So the web site was throwing up a failure message when, in fact, the replies were actually posted.

BTW, the web console messages indicated a "web server timeout".

·
Administrator
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
They are currently in the middle of the weekly release update. The site should speed back up when it is complete.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
A minor glitch, after clicking NEW the tab label says 8 new posts while zero new posts are shown as available.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yes. And each time NEW is clicked the tab label disappears and is redrawn as if it is being recalculated. This is with Firefox (the latest version).

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Regarding the unread articles on the tab, something is really funky. The tab is stuck at 8 on my laptop regardless of how many times I refresh or how many articles are unread. When using my phone it also is stuck at 8. Closing and reopening the tab doesn't change anything.

·
Administrator
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Regarding the unread articles on the tab, something is really funky. The tab is stuck at 8 on my laptop regardless of how many times I refresh or how many articles are unread. When using my phone it also is stuck at 8. Closing and reopening the tab doesn't change anything.
Have you saved the link on your laptop by any chance or does that just happen when you click the NEW icon?

- Cricket

·
Registered
275 Posts
3 Annoyances/Improvements I'd like to see:

1 - When I click "New"... I often don't just get new posts. Sometimes it shows me "New" on top, then a separator for "Old but you haven't read"... but most of the time clicking the new button just shows a single blended list that is clearly a mixture of both. It's annoying because I don't know if there are new-new posts or just something I already didn't care to read.

2 - When I click "New", it hides the threads I've viewed. Well, sometimes, many times, I read something and I'd maybe like to read it in more detail or maybe comment on it later. But the next time I click "New", those ones I read aren't on that list (because they're not new). I guess what I'd like to see more so than "New to me" is "New to the forum", with a separator between when I was last here. Kind of like, I dunno "Last 48 hours of posts" with a break at where I last checked in, and, maybe different colors for read/unread titles.

3 - The "alerts" on desktop is annoying. I get a red spot or a number, but I can't tell what they are or can't interact with them or clear them until I open them in a new page. I would like it to be the "bell" on Youtube in the upper right, where you click on Alerts and without having to leave the page, it lists all the alerts and lets you dismiss them right there. Modern phpBB also has this feature.

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,891 Posts
..........1 - When I click "New"... I often don't just get new posts. Sometimes it shows me "New" on top, then a separator for "Old but you haven't read"... but most of the time clicking the new button just shows a single blended list that is clearly a mixture of both. It's annoying because I don't know if there are new-new posts or just something I already didn't care to read...........................
You can stop this by clicking on "Mark all read" some where on the left when you scroll back to the top

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,891 Posts
Is it possible to make an apart "Alerts" indicator maybe next to the "New" button because it's so small it's barely noticeable in the avatar in the top right hand corner

·
Opeler
649 Posts
This box needs to be checked in order for the choice to stick. I didn’t realize it for a while. Make your filter choice and hit save as default.
Hope that helps!
Eric

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you have read all the "new" posts, or set them all to "read" , click on the "New" bubble, then click on the words that are also the link: New Posts
When I follow your instructions, that does not work. I just get the same thing I described earlier.

But when I click the link you have there that says New Posts... that works.

Those are two different things somehow. How do I click something other than what you wrote, to get what you wrote?

181 - 200 of 211 Posts