Opel GT Forum banner

221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I'm looking and posting less here, that's for sure.

I still find the juvenile layout distasteful. So much so that I NEVER look nor post in the other two forums, identical to this one (now) where I used to frequent daily.

If I weren't bored because of many variables, I'd probably post here even less.

I don't care if it doesn't bother (collectively) you. The fact is it DOES bother others.
I see far less postings here than before they switched to this format.
Lol

All good bud! To each his own. The truth is I'm happy you stuck around as you have alot of knowledge, interesting projects, and informative posts.

That said, any updates on your 2.2L build?

·
Über Genius
8,874 Posts
Lol

All good bud! To each his own. The truth is I'm happy you stuck around as you have alot of knowledge, interesting projects, and informative posts.

That said, any updates on your 2.2L build?
The closest I have to an update is that I finally bought a good soldering station and it arrived last weekend.
There's a lot of soldering to be done on the megasquirt and my soldering irons were barely going to handle the task.
I actually bought it for a different project, mostly not related to opels, but it was also with the megasquirt in mind.

The other project, in case anyone is interested is related to this video.

·
340 Posts
Where is image that used to populate from link in this post?

Knowing might answer where my linked pics live now. Thx

·
14 Posts
Where is image that used to populate from link in this post?

Knowing might answer where my linked pics live now. Thx
Somewhere in here: Member Albums

·
340 Posts
Okay, found it in there (a couple places) -thanks. Seems unexpected that link opens here for me instead:

·
RunOpel
1,206 Posts
Yea what happened to the birthday greetings that Gary would always post???

·
Super Moderator
5,726 Posts
Yea what happened to the birthday greetings that Gary would always post???
That Gary has become SUCH a slacker... ;)

Well, actually, there was a function within the old Forum that automatically posted on a members birthday, so long as the birth date was in his or her profile. And somehow Gary managed to get the posting credit!

·
Administrator
10,009 Posts
That Gary has become SUCH a slacker... ;)

Well, actually, there was a function within the old Forum that automatically posted on a members birthday, so long as the birth date was in his or her profile. And somehow Gary managed to get the posting credit!
Yeah. As @kwilford said, that was an add-on program that automatically posted birthdays. Not sure if the ZenForo add-on community offers one.

·
RunOpel
1,206 Posts
Is someone still monitoring our comments and suggestions? If so, maybe we will get a response and/or action to add the feature :):) :)

·
Opeler
769 Posts
When logging on via my computer, which I rarely do, I have been getting a pop-up over my page saying I need the new version of FLASH. This only happens when I click the “NEW” button and goes to that page. I have installed everything through Adobe, so I know I’m up to date. The webpage that populates isn’t adobe or flash.

Something is up. I won’t be logging in via the computer again until we know this is addressed.

Eric

·
Administrator
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Is someone still monitoring our comments and suggestions? If so, maybe we will get a response and/or action to add the feature :):) :)
We will continue to see weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

·
RunOpel
1,206 Posts
Thanks for the response :) My hope would be that they would add the birthday feature. Just a way for the members to express friendship and unity. Something everyone needs and especially in the worlds current crisis.

·
Administrator
10,009 Posts
Here is a birthday addon:

·
Opeler
2,995 Posts
When logging on via my computer, which I rarely do, I have been getting a pop-up over my page saying I need the new version of FLASH. This only happens when I click the “NEW” button and goes to that page. I have installed everything through Adobe, so I know I’m up to date. The webpage that populates isn’t adobe or flash.

Something is up. I won’t be logging in via the computer again until we know this is addressed.

<snip>

Eric
My premium antivirus does not like this program and blocked the download when first viewing it.
Sometimes I see it just after Windows starts. I will not download it.

·
Opeler
2,995 Posts
Premium upgrade:
This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:
XF2 Addons
Thanks for the Happy Birthday information Gary.

·
Super Moderator
5,726 Posts
My premium antivirus does not like this program and blocked the download when first viewing it.
Sometimes I see it just after Windows starts. I will not download it.
Umm, Lindsay, I suspect that Gary was providing that birthday addon for the AutoGuide Admin folks to add to our Forum...

Or did you have a different agenda, Gary?

·
Registered
813 Posts
It seemed the old system would send a PM to a member on their birthday (birthday field complete) but Gary must have been cc'd and he would then post them to the forum.

·
Administrator
10,009 Posts
It seemed the old system would send a PM to a member on their birthday (birthday field complete) but Gary must have been cc'd and he would then post them to the forum.
The program handled it all.

221 - 240 of 258 Posts