Opel GT Forum banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
RunOpel
1,204 Posts
I know this has been brought up before, but I wondered if there is going to be a section designated for a video library. It would sure be handy for all those Opelers that have and will create videos for assistance with Opel issues. I know several members have created some awesome videos that help with a variety of issues we encounter with our Opel's. If the answer is no, then why not?

·
Administrator
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Here is a birthday addon:
This is a neat add-on and a feature we can certainly look on exploring. We'd need to make sure it could be opted in/opted out of and where y'all would like to see that set. This'd be just to ensure your individual user privacy is still respected. We'd also look to perhaps develop it out ourselves, as we're looking to mostly stray away from 3rd party apps that could leave us slow or dependant. In the interim you can still confirm which birthdays by checking in on the member's pagehttps://www.opelgt.com/members/?key=todays_birthdays

I know this has been brought up before, but I wondered if there is going to be a section designated for a video library. It would sure be handy for all those Opelers that have and will create videos for assistance with Opel issues. I know several members have created some awesome videos that help with a variety of issues we encounter with our Opel's. If the answer is no, then why not?
Thanks for the suggestion, there is never a no, just wanting to qualify the need and how it would be utilized. Are you looking to have. a shared gallery space of photos and videos, or a subforum where this media can be posted.

We just want it to be representative of what you want.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
715 Posts
This is a neat add-on and a feature we can certainly look on exploring. We'd need to make sure it could be opted in/opted out of and where y'all would like to see that set. This'd be just to ensure your individual user privacy is still respected. We'd also look to perhaps develop it out ourselves, as we're looking to mostly stray away from 3rd party apps that could leave us slow or dependant. In the interim you can still confirm which birthdays by checking in on the member's pagehttps://www.opelgt.com/members/?key=todays_birthdays

Thanks for the suggestion, there is never a no, just wanting to qualify the need and how it would be utilized. Are you looking to have. a shared gallery space of photos and videos, or a subforum where this media can be posted.

We just want it to be representative of what you want.

-Gerrit
A shared gallery space or link sounds good to me. I don’t think a sub forum is necessary. Hopefully the others will weigh in on that. I’m just one fish in the pond who frequents our site. I think that was a terrific suggestion.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Why a need to opt in our out? Those who don't want their birthday visible could just not enter it in their profile.

·
RunOpel
1,204 Posts
I hope many members chime in and give their opinion on a shared video link. I for one would love to see something like that. There are already several members that have posted videos. It would just be great to have them in one place where everyone could access. This would give all members a place to upload their videos. Not just any video, but their own created video on the how to and show off their Opel videos :)

·
Senior Contributor
1,503 Posts
When you select your Conversations, Then click on the P/M square box you want to delete.
Go to the bottom of page, after you checked the square boxes you want removed.
Select in the drop down Menu... """ Leave Conversations"" another box etc,etc, select save and Done, Bye P/M JUst don't select ""All" or your empty your P/M Box..LOL

·
Opeler
2,995 Posts
Opened the Conversation and clicked on (threee vertical dots) button to the right.
Selected Leave in Drop Down Menu = Message Deleted.
Thank you for your assistance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
One of the things I miss the most was the ability to look up previous threads started by a user.

Especially even, my own threads, to look through my old notes.

Right now all we can do is see an endless list of a user's activity. Which is usually 10-100x as much to scroll through to try to find what you're looking for.

A big part of using the forums as an archive, is to say "I want to look up X person's threads...", without necessarily knowing what you're looking for.

Or, you remember a thread and a person, but you want to go through their threads and make sure it's the one you're thinking of.

As I've been using the forums a lot lately, looking for different ways different people have done things, I've found stuff like a thread that's not very useful, but someone in that thread mentions they did something different, and I think "Oh, I'd like to read that person's take on it." but there's no easy way to find that.

It should be a very simple software fix to add "See all threads started by..." on a user's profile. Could we please have someone add that feature back?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
One of the things I miss the most was the ability to look up previous threads started by a user.

Especially even, my own threads, to look through my old notes.

Right now all we can do is see an endless list of a user's activity. Which is usually 10-100x as much to scroll through to try to find what you're looking for.

A big part of using the forums as an archive, is to say "I want to look up X person's threads...", without necessarily knowing what you're looking for.

Or, you remember a thread and a person, but you want to go through their threads and make sure it's the one you're thinking of.

As I've been using the forums a lot lately, looking for different ways different people have done things, I've found stuff like a thread that's not very useful, but someone in that thread mentions they did something different, and I think "Oh, I'd like to read that person's take on it." but there's no easy way to find that.

It should be a very simple software fix to add "See all threads started by..." on a user's profile. Could we please have someone add that feature back?
I've experienced the same thing. That feature needs to be brought back.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts

In theory, that function exists already. Click on the user's profile (or "hover" if you are using a mouse/cursor), which pops up the user's posting history, including "Replies" (389 in Matt's case currently) and "Discussions Created" (5 to date for Matt). The link is the "number" under the heading. Except clicking on the 5 under "Discussion Created" brings up his entire posting history.

Clearly a broken feature. And lately, it feels like VerticalScope/AutoGuide has "left the room" regarding any site problems.

Anybody from AG here...????

·
Registered
421 Posts
"Discussions Created" (5 to date for Matt). The link is the "number" under the heading.
That number is clickable?

checks

I'll be damned. How the hell are you supposed to know that it's a link when it's not highlighted or underlined? Why would you click on the number, rather than the words "Discussions Created"?

Also, yes, even if you magically knew to click on the number, the feature is broken and doesn't do what it says.

There's a rule about User Interface that goes: If you have to explain how to use your user interface, it's a bad interface.

·
Über Genius
8,874 Posts
I still find this layout unappealing and as I suspected, the layout being what it is, I'm barely here anymore.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Vertical Scope's impression was: "When we transition, we've found that forum activity drops temporarily, but then after a while people get used to the changes and it grows and becomes more popular!"

I wonder if they'd share some traffic stats to let us know how successful they think the forums have been since the transition.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I'm still diggin it. Aspecially dark mode!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Why does this site get jacked up all the time? It will close inadvertently and open a URL with prefix gogopowerrangers or some ****.:poop:

·
Vendor
2,513 Posts
Why does this site get jacked up all the time? It will close inadvertently and open a URL with prefix gogopowerrangers or some ****.:poop:
I haven't seen that, but I suspect you may have some malware hiding on your computer. Any other sites doing this? Worth a quick scan. I like this software (use the free version)

241 - 258 of 258 Posts