Opel GT Forum banner

161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
So far, I am unable to replicate this.

Can you tell me which device, operating system, and browser you are using? Is everything fully updated?

Have you tried clearing your cache?

- Cricket
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz, 64bit, 32.0GB ram, Windows 10, IE11

·
Administrator
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz, 64bit, 32.0GB ram, Windows 10, IE11
Currently, the site is optimized for modern browsers that support display on devices ranging from desktop to tablet to mobile. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge have some limitations across devices but we are working on finding ways to improve compatibility while maintaining as much of the function and design as possible. Are you able to try Google Chrome or Firefox as an alternative?

- Cricket

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,891 Posts

·
RunOpel
831 Posts
I would agree with all who have Ad Blocker, it works :) I'm using Google Chrome and just added Ad Blocker which was free and that took away nearly all the ads.

·
Registered
769 Posts
In the old format, when I opened the site I saw a list of recent posts regardless of which forum it was posted in. How do I get that on the new site? I'm missing most of the new posts if they occur outside of the general discussions and having to search each forum to see it there is a new post is a pain. Case in point. I missed that Norbert had passed until Gordon posted something about his award recommendation.

·
Administrator
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
In the old format, when I opened the site I saw a list of recent posts regardless of which forum it was posted in. How do I get that on the new site? I'm missing most of the new posts if they occur outside of the general discussions and having to search each forum to see it there is a new post is a pain. Case in point. I missed that Norbert had passed until Gordon posted something about his award recommendation.

How To Find New Posts

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

- Cricket

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,891 Posts
......... and that took away nearly all the ads.
The ones you still see most of them you can hide manually just right click on the ad and a menu appears [top left hand corner] just read and follow instructions

·
Registered
893 Posts
Is anyone else having an issue with clicking on something and it going to a blank page?
Then if I hit the refresh tab it finally pops up

·
Registered
769 Posts
How To Find New Posts

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

- Cricket
You might also want to add to this tip that you should then bookmark the new page so you go directly there in the future.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Currently two threads are broken up....

1. The replies posts are seperate from the original posters thread

·
Administrator
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Can you guys please set it up so all links in post are being opened in a new tab? I noticed that external links are opened in new tabs, and links on this site are opened to replace the current page.

Dieter
I can pass on your feedback.

You can also right-click (in most cases) on any link and choose to open it in a new tab.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Currently two threads are broken up....

1. The replies posts are seperate from the original posters thread
I am not certain, but they are in 2 different sections. Maybe a moderator split them?

- Cricket

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
3,910 Posts
You can also right-click (in most cases) on any link and choose to open it in a new tab.

- Cricket
Yes, of course, we can. But - external links already open in a new tab, while internal links do not. Why should I hover my cursor over each link first, look at the status bar, make a decision what I have to do, and then left-or right-click, when the forum can easily open all links in a new tab (which it did in the past).

Dieter

·
Registered
274 Posts
One personal gripe is that there doesn't seem to be a raw post editor.

When I go to edit a post I made, I get the "finished" version with all of the BBCode tags hidden. I.E. If used IMG tags but used image 49.jpg instead of 48.jpg, there's no way for me to edit this. I have to use the pictoral editor. Also, it adds extra whitespace, extra blank lines that weren't there. Makes it hard to edit a post. I tried to look through all the editing options to find a raw or source editing (same as when you create a post) but I could not find one.

·
Administrator
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
One personal gripe is that there doesn't seem to be a raw post editor.

When I go to edit a post I made, I get the "finished" version with all of the BBCode tags hidden. I.E. If used IMG tags but used image 49.jpg instead of 48.jpg, there's no way for me to edit this. I have to use the pictoral editor. Also, it adds extra whitespace, extra blank lines that weren't there. Makes it hard to edit a post. I tried to look through all the editing options to find a raw or source editing (same as when you create a post) but I could not find one.
I will definitely pass on this feedback to the developers.

- Cricket

161 - 180 of 210 Posts