Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello forum, I have a Weber 32/36 carb with no fuel in the accelerator pump. Let me give you the history here, several years ago it worked fine, but had a leak with fuel running out of the accelerator pump, it got put on the back burner and sat for a few years, then I pulled it out and rebuilt and cleaned it. After I was done there was no fuel in the accelerator pump and the engine would stutter and almost die any time the throttle was pressed while idling.

I have tried everything I can think of to get this cleared up, from soaking the whole thing in carb cleaner overnight, to blowing carb cleaner and compressed air through every channel, to running wire through every orifice, and still no fuel in the pump.

I know very little about carburetors as this is one of 2 on all the vehicles I work on (I work on quite a few), so I would really appreciate some insight into this. Is there supposed to be fuel in the accelerator pump cavity in contact with the diaphragm? Air shoots out the jet when the pump is activated, but not a drop of fuel, how does the fuel get to the pump? I am mystified. Help! :ugh:

Maximov

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
I'm no weber expert.
Hope that I don't insult you with some questions.
Is there a return spring on the acc. pump diaphragm?
What's the float level set too, and also the nozzle could be plugged up..naaa unlikely.

·
Super Moderator
9,720 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but, here's the accel circuit for the 32/36 from the Weber manual

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a return spring on the acc. pump diaphragm? Yes

What's the float level set too; The specs provided on the rebuild schematic.

and also the nozzle could be plugged up..naaa unlikely. I can feel air coming out of it when I actuate the accelerator pump, but no fuel.

As for the Accelerator diagram, does anyone know if either of those screws pictured between the float bowl and the accelerator pump diaphragm can be tightened too tight, thereby cutting off the flow of fuel??

Maximov

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Pay close attention to item 45 on BQS4's picture. If it's stuck in the closed position you'll
get no flow. The problem is that it's not easily gotten to. There's a brass plug right above it thats pressed in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pay close attention to item 45 on BQS4's picture. If it's stuck in the closed position you'll
get no flow. The problem is that it's not easily gotten to. There's a brass plug right above it thats pressed in.
So... how do you get to it? Drill out the plug and leave it just a hole? Or do you have to try and replug it?

I think I am familiar with the plug you are referring to.

Maximov

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
I would try small picks first to gently lift the plug out of the hole. Hopefully without damaging the body any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts