Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question may have already been answered, but I’ll be darned if I can find it. I hope it’s a simple question. In any case, I hope it can be answered simply. Here Goes…

At sea level, what is a good set up for a Weber 32/36? E.g. Jets etc.
Please keep in mind that I am good at figuring things out, but I am not very automotive literate. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
14,062 Posts
Stressed said:
I hope it’s a simple question.
It never is.....

At sea level, what is a good set up for a Weber 32/36? E.g. Jets etc.
Basically, it depends....

It depends on engine condition, early vs. late engine, modifications, temperature, humidity....

For the most part, the stock 32/36 DGV Weber jetting (as it came jetted for an Opel), is adequate for most applications. There's always a little bit of leeway, either richer or leaner, but for the most part unless you know what you are doing and know the consequences of the changes you make, it's probably best to leave it alone. It's as subjective and personal a matter as your diet. What works for you probably doesn't work for me, and vice-versa! Engines can certainly have a mind of their own sometimes!

Bob

·
Super Moderator
14,062 Posts
Chances are they only rejetted the mains. Put in 140 mains on the primary and secondary. I usually go with 135 mains on the primary barrel of a stock engine for better economy, but that also depends on the engine condition as well as fuel type/grade. Oxygenated fuels SUCK for Opels, I usually have to bump the jetting UP one or two sizes to compensate. Higher compression engines use LESS fuel BTW, and can tolerate the leaner primary circuit BETTER than a low compression engine.

Bob

·
Registered
67 Posts
Stressed said:
The problem is, it was rejetted in Colorado (Mile high). Now it's in texas and running really lean.
Stressed, I'm overstocked on 140 mains, and I'll trade you a couple of them for the mains you've got. Send your address & I'll throw 'em in an envelope for you. A pair of jets for the price of a stamp.

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deal. But one of the jets is slightly damaged in the slot where a screw driver fits. The jet still works fine though. By the way, do you have a web address. I grew up in Greeley... Wall actually Eaton which is 7 miles outside of greeley. I had a good friend from Montrose.

·
Registered
67 Posts
OK, cool. Check your personal messages. I have more 140 mains than I can use, and need smaller main jet sizes (that's why I offered to trade before even knowing which mains you have), if they're between 125 and 135, I can use them up here. Send 'em back to Colorado. Anyone else needing larger mains, with smaller mains to trade, the offer stands for them as well. Montrose has some real advantages over the Front Range counties, for sure--no vehicle inspections of any kind, no emissions testing, no "winter-blend" oxygenated fuel (we get the REAL gas all year long) and no one cares what sort of LOUD straight-through exhaust you run. It's still like the Wild West here. It's great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.