Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,402 Posts
What kind of carb do you have? Solex? Weber?
Have you tested for vacuum leaks yet?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
There's no need to start a 2nd thread, when the question is the same as you had hours ago.

On the prior thread, your question received this reply:

You need to answer those 2 questions, before correct instructions can be given.

·
Super Moderator
5,799 Posts
MODERATOR NOTE: As Dave has mentioned, please refrain from starting duplicate threads. In fact, please search BEFORE you start a new thread to see if you can find the answer yourself. If you can't, or find only a partial answer, then add to an existing thread BEFORE you start a new thread.

Until we find out if the carb in question is a stock Solex or an aftermarket Weber or some other make, I have moved this thread to the Solex Carb Repairs Forum. Again, if you DO start a new thread, please ensure it is in an appropriate Forum.

Newbies are encouraged to observe posting suggestions at:

Hi newbie, you want to post on a forum? this is what you need to know!

Thank you for your consideration

·
opel gt driving me nuts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weber carb

runs great on high idle not sure where adjust screws are located ---use to mustang carbs also if need to use vacumn guage where is a access port ----fat hands small carb thanks sawdust in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
So . . .

runs great on high idle not sure where adjust screws are located ---used to mustang carbs also if need to use vacuum gauge where is a access port ----fat hands small carb thanks in advance, sawdust
. . . one more time! . . . which carb is it, Solex (current forum) or Weber? :confused: :confused:

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts
On a 'normal' 32/36 DG series Weber carb, the idle mixture screw is on the baseplate of the carburetor, facing the passenger fender at a slight angle. The idle speed screw is on the 'rear' side of the carburetor amongst the throttle linkage, facing the cowl. You'll note the spring under the head of the idle speed screw.

·
Über Genius
9,046 Posts
Your original title said you just got the car running.
In my experience, there's no need to set the carb until you have 100% (or close to possible) new gas in your system. Using old gas to set your carb is pointless.

If you don't believe me, ask my son :lmao:
He spent hours trying to get his right with no results. Swapped out the gas and it idled perfectly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts