Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to pull the carberator off and start the rebuild. I got the rebuild parts from OGTS and the weber carberator book. The book shows to totally disassemble the carberator but does anyone know if you have to go that far. I got a dip it kit with basket.
Rick

·
102 Posts
Why not?

Not sure what kind of Weber you have, but i just did mine (32/36 DGV) and it was pretty easy to do.
The way I see it, now that you are taking this time to fix or maintain something,it is the best opportunity to do it right. It should last a long time and no more headaches down the road.
Do it right or don't do it at all .... I am sure others owners will agree with me on this one.

Good luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I serviced my Weber several weeks ago and took everthing apart except for the linkages. Cleaned everthing in degreaser, lubed the linkages and re-assembled with new gaskets and O-rings. Also replaced the accellerator pump, power pump and choke cut-out diaphram. Be sure to blow out all the little passages with compressed air. Doing all that made a huge difference on how the motor runs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The weber carb. book says that I need a liquid locking agent.
The people at the auto parts store had no clue. Can anyone tell me just what this liquid locking agent is? Lock Tight?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts