Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
rust + magic = gold!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of 32/36 DGV Webers, an older one marked "Made in Italy" and a brand new one marked "Made in Spain"
I'm curious if there is any significant difference I should be aware of before deciding which one to install in my GT..?

Another question, should I replace the old hard-plastic distributor advance lines with new rubber vacuum lines?
Thanks,
Bob

·
Super Moderator
13,617 Posts
I'd use the Italian Weber, they're generally better carbs. Rebuild it, and it should give no troubles for years....

I prefer to retain the hard plastic vacuum lines for the distributor, and replace the end fittings with new rubber hose where they connect to the cannister and the carb and intake. Full length rubber hoses, even those rated for vacuum, can collapse, especially if exposed to oil which will soften the rubber.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Brake line

I use brake line if the plastic tubing is broken or just in need of replacement, with ruber tubing on the ends. With a tubing bender it is pretty easy to get nice results, even when you move the carb ports around by installing a weber.

Besides, it's cheaper....

·
rust + magic = gold!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, very useful.
I decided to rebuild the italian weber. In fact it does seem to be a higher quality casting. This model has brass floats, which seems in excellent condition. But I noticed one of the venturi is a bit loose in it's slot. Could that cause a fuel delivery problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts