Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1974 Opel Manta Luxus
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started to attempt to swap the aftermarket air cleaner to the original one and the adapter doesn’t seem to fit the flange on the air cleaner even when completely loosened, has anyone used one on their Manta?

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
You may find that even if you can get it on the air filter that it may stick up too far for the hood to close. I had that problem with a Kadett wagon.

Reactions: Luxusburg

·
Registered
1974 Opel Manta Luxus
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you get your air cleaner to fit on the adapter? I’m surprised this was made to fit but doesn’t.

You may find that even if you can get it on the air filter that it may stick up too far for the hood to close. I had that problem with a Kadett wagon.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,468 Posts
I prefer the Weber snorkel kit. It comes with a low height cast aluminum "muffin" with a spider web pattern on top, a ring that bolts to the carb to hold the muffin, and a sturdy rubber accordion hose, then you buy a K+N filter for it, as shown here on my GT:

Later, you can upgrade the rubber hose to chromed plastic cold air intake piping from the auto store:

Here's an ad for one:

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
431 Posts
That looks like a Weber Adapter to Original Air Filter, OGTS Part: 9019. I think it may be designed to fit the Opel GT stock air filter (that could allow for a looser fit), which could be different from your Manta/Ascona stock air filter.
If money is tight, you have the time and your metal stretching skills are good you could work to modify the adapter and stock filter to fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts