Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a difference!

I am hauling a lot more ass than I was now!! whew! I just got my opel started again after a few months of gutting out some parts and it flies!! I added the sprint manifold and ported my intake manifold.

I am running the sprint to my stock head pipe with no muffler right now and its loud!! but I did that so I can drive it to the muffler shop and they can custom fit my side pipes. It seems with the head pipe length the backpressure is fine..

but what a difference! I recommend this to everyone! :D

http://opelgt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3703

· Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I notice that you didn't use the wedge shaped piece on the intake manifold floor, is there much of an advantage of adding it?

· 1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
My impression is that the wedged piece on the floor of the intake manifold, in addition to the reshaping the starts of the intake runners, will decrease the net interior volume of the intake manifold, and thereby increase intake charge velocity, which improves throttle response and torque.

· Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
... what is the wedge shaped peice?

I might have missed it? uh... I'm a hobbie mechanic :eek:

define intake manifold floor?

I have
intake manifold
homemade gasket
heat sheild
phenolic gasket
carb

am I missing something? to even go faster? :eek:

Attachments

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
chuck on your pics (bottom right ) the manifold floor is the bit you can see through the hole

bob did a fine thread about it and others came up with diff takes to do it
try a search for inlet then enjoy a quiet week going through them

· Registered
3,460 Posts

· Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh yes! I have seen these threads

actually those threads got me to where I am today! That wedge seemed a bit tough for me to fabricate so I opted not to do it. Maybe in the future -

I couldnt have done this work myself if I didn't have this site!

bq97, I have left the jets stock from when I bought it. I really need to get a colorado opeler to help me with that, Im sure I can bring some more power out of it with different jets here in the mile high. I got lucky with my motor being the high compression 1.9 - I had no idea until another opeler looked at it.

My 38 was about 250.00: killer deal from a land cruiser shop, brand new - I'll try to find the link.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.