Opel GT Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Maybe the curmudgeons are busy soaking in the sun on 4th of July weekend. Notice how there is barely any traffic on the site lately?

Notice the pics of the clips and bolts in the thread yesterday trying to help? Which thread was it I don't see them anymore

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Maybe the curmudgeons are busy soaking in the sun on 4th of July weekend. Notice how there is barely any traffic on the site lately?

Notice the pics of the clips and bolts in the thread yesterday trying to help? Which thread was it I don't see them anymore
Possibly that's it, and of course there are some very helpful people like yourself and a few others here too.

It doesn't help that the layout of the site has become so convoluted either. Setting it up like the FSM might have been a good idea at the time, but somehow sections have been added and what you're looking for could be in any number of places. I spent 45 minutes the other day searching for something I had seen before, but I wasn't sure where to find it.

·
Super Moderator
8,210 Posts
I guess the old curmudgeons are too busy complaining about people who don't search to take ten seconds to actually help someone.
And your point is? :confused:

Rained the 4th, not that it mattered as I worked 'til close at 8:00. Worked Saturday as well and currently hoping to get over this summer cold so I can sleep in the same room with me wife, she doesn't like my constant coughing. :sigh:

Possibly that's it, and of course there are some very helpful people like yourself and a few others here too.
Nice that some of the youngsters have learned enough either on their own or from the site to be able to help out with newbies.

It doesn't help that the layout of the site has become so convoluted either. Setting it up like the FSM might have been a good idea at the time, but somehow sections have been added and what you're looking for could be in any number of places.
If everyone had left their Opels in original condition, those 'extra' sections would probably never have been added.

I spent 45 minutes the other day searching for something I had seen before, but I wasn't sure where to find it.
If you want to talk about frustration, it hasn't been that many years ago that I searched the site on 'dial-up'. :sigh:

Harold

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hey, I'm as old (well, almost) and grumpy as anyone here! Sorry, I must have got a bad batch of Metamucil yesterday.

Get those damn kids off my lawn!

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
hahaha i was gonna post last night... did someone pea in your cornflakes normally you arent so curmudgeony.

but since you brought it up. did you see how I brought up the other thread with pics and the same person posted in one didnt get the answer they wanted, so posted in the other?

Dude posted some beautiful pics, with arrows and all and still there is questions. multiple thread inquiries along with new threads is why this forum is so convoluted.

garbage in garbage out. I agree that following the rules suck, but it would be much more organized etc.

I for one have gotten used to and numb to being snow blind in searches. sometimes i read for 2 hours or more just so i dont make a thread. This site is over a decade of bonehead along with perfect posters...

a culmination of hundreds, thousands of impatient members, along with awesome contributions of our forefathers..

its amazing it is as clean as it is. I know i have added 1500 posts of nonsense by now.

·
Senior Contributor
5,052 Posts
OK so here are a couple of pictures. The picture of the front linkage is missing the safety pin gismo but this is the best I can do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
One thing that threw me about this forum initially, is that it defaults to showing only posts for the last day (I didn't notice that at first) and yet some older posts show up anyway, and then you have things like Group7 Transmission and Group 7B is also Transmission. Group 7 should really just be a heading with no content.

Hey, it's all good... everyone who has volunteered their time for this site deserves not to be criticized. It's just that it can be a bit daunting to newbies at times and some of the long-term users might not realize that. I've been here awhile now but still need to be careful not to post in the wrong place.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts