Opel GT Forum banner
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've taken a slightly different but similar approach. I have an Opel Manta and a Mazda GT, I mean RX-7. It has 183K on the original motor, so I haven't had issues. I do keep it below 7000 RPM, but the rev limiter buzzer still surprises me when it goes off. But people pull rotaries and put in V8s. Personalization is what it is all about. We all have a different idea of what Ideal is and that is fine. I just like to drive while many of you love to create. The fact that we can all communicate in a mostly civil manner is what makes this website unique.
Just a tip (from someone who's never owned one so take it with a grain of salt) supposedly it's actually beneficial to rotary engines if you drive them real hard once in a while

·
Detritus Maximus
3,524 Posts
Just a tip (from someone who's never owned one so take it with a grain of salt) supposedly it's actually beneficial to rotary engines if you drive them real hard once in a while
It is. Helps blow out the carbon that can build up in the rotor chambers. Pretty beneficial to rotary owners, too....

81 - 82 of 82 Posts