Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recently bought a rekord c sprint manifold and I wanna do like a retro style tuning engine so what carbs can I use for performace upgrade?

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,611 Posts
The Sprint exhaust manifold does not care what carburetor you use. It is basically the same size and shape as the original manifold, but without the "chimney". It should flow a little bit better, but the diameters inside are the same as oem.

Most people use downdraft Weber 32/36(economy) or Weber 38's(power) or a single side draft Weber 40DCOE(a lot of power) or dual 40DCOE's(maximum power).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i meant what carb to use on the sprint Intake manifold not the exhaust. So I'm asking what carb would boost the performance and work with the sprint douple carb intake manifold

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
I set up a Sprint inlet manifold with two 40 DFI Webers. They are internally identical to the original Opel 40 DFO Weber’s, except for the choke tower.

They were originally for a Ferrari V12, but I got lucky, and got some NOS carbs for cheap.

You could certainly use a pair of 38 DGAS Weber’s, but you would need to disable the power valves in both carbs for use with an IR (individual runner) inlet manifold such as the Sprint.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I set up a Spring inlet manifold with two 40 DFI Webers. They are internally identical to the original Opel 40 DFO Weber’s, except for the choke tower.

They were originally for a Ferrari V12, but so got lucky as got some NOS carbs for cheap.

You could certainly use a pair of 38 DGAS Weber’s, but you would need to disable the power valves in both carbs for use with an IR (individual runner) inlet manifold such as the Sprint.
Yes but I was wondering If i could get some bigger carbs. Maybe somewhere around 40mm to 50mm

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Yes but I was wondering If i could get some bigger carbs. Maybe somewhere around 40mm to 50mm
I think 40 mm is as big as they get with that mounting pattern. You could always modify the inlet for DCNF carbs. Maybe even IDF or IDA carbs.

Alternatively there is always the Holley 2-barrel carburetors, 350 cfm or 500 cfm.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think 40 mm is as big as they get with that mounting pattern. You could always modify the inlet for DCNF carbs. Maybe even IDF or IDA carbs.

Alternatively there is always the Holley 2-barrel carburetors, 350 cfm or 500 cfm.
How hard would it be to modify a dcnf carb to the intake? And can those holleys fit the dgv bolt pattern?

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
How hard would it be to modify a dcnf carb to the intake? And can those holleys fit the dgv bolt pattern?
You would probably need to make a pair of flanges, which could be welded to the inlet manifold.

Holley flange is much larger too.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Rather than trying to use the Sprint manifold, I would instead buy a pair of DCOEs and manifolds as they have more potential and there is an abundance of jets and other tuning parts available for them. My 2 €cent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts