Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Not from this Planet

Votes: 7 2.1%
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,799 Posts
Canadian Opeler's Where Are You?

Come on, you guys (and gals) get your votes in on the poll!

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Duane Foley
Pipersville, Pennsylvania

·
115 Posts
Another "Crazy Canuck"

Hello All;
I'm presently living in Ottawa, Canada, for now. I am in the military and we tend to move around from time to time.

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
Vickie and I live in Tallmadge, Ohio, just down the street from Summit Racing Equipment. Feel free to email us ahead of time if you're ever close to Akron. We love to get together and talk Opels.

We are also starting an Opel Group here in northeastern Ohio. At our first get together in July, we had 4 Opelers with 4 GTs. You should have seen the reaction when we showed up at a local cruise-in and parked all 4 cars side by side. We evenhad a local priest come over and introduce himself. It seems he had just purchased a GT himself! Even the owner of the place had to call his sister (who is restoring a GT herself) to come see our entourage.

We plan to get together again in September. Anyone who wants to come is more than welcome.We canbe reached at [email protected].

Have a great Opel Day!

Allen Gage

·
Registered
13 Posts
..Also in Canada, Kelowna BC.

I know there are two other Opel GT's (one red, one yellow) in town but havn't had a chance to talk to thier owners yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm from Flora, Illinois. There's only 2 Opel GT's around here that I know of, besides mine, but one has been undergoing a neverending restoration for the last 15 years and will probably never see the light of day again. The other has had a decent restoration, but is usually tucked away in a garage and very rarely sees the open road. There is another GT a little south of here, but it has been converted for the strip and is only a GT looking skin on a tube frame, so I don't really consider it a true GT. There may be some more stuffed in barns around here just waiting to be revived, but if so, the owners are not giving out the details!!

John

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im from Minnesota (is minn. a country some may wish)heheh!
so far I think I have the only GT here or at least drivable. Iv'e seen one Manta that is in perfect condition and thats the only Opel besides mine that I have ever seen. Believe me Ive looked, I think I have gone to every car show since I got my GT, NONE found.

·
Registered
141 Posts
in some ways, MN is more like canada than the entire province of Ontario - Take off, eh! doncha know...

There are precious few Opels left, even tho 70% of GT's came here...They were driven hard by idiots like me - either wrecked or beat to death.

My first ticket was for 65 MPH inna GT. Not so bad - except it was inna parking lot. Whoops!

older and wiser...

·
179 Posts
Black Forest, Colorado... I have seen one other GT here... painted pink.(???) Haven't been able to track down the owner to chat yet.

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
Im from loveland ohio, but i reside in indiana for school.
I have seen one other student here at purdue with a gt, but it is becoming rusty. Propmark is also in my area and he has the most beautiful gt I have ever seen.
There is a gt on the south side of the circle freeway of indy that looks good. There are also three gt's around the 153 mile mark of i-65 north of indy on the side of the highway.
does anyone know who these gt's belong to?

·
GT Resurrectionist
67 Posts
I'm in Lancing Tennessee, I know of two other Opel owners around here. One cramed a blown 454 in his and drags it, the other guy has his stock. Both are nice cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im rofrom Mexico city livin in Kirkland WA (Seattle}. So far there's only 2 Gt around here one is red and the other is painted yellow, I havn't had chance to talk to thier owners yet

·
114 Posts
what country

I supose there are not a lot of belgium people here,however i must say there is much more fun on american gt-sites,than in europe,threr is lots to be found and fast reply on any questions!!;)

·
1,609 Posts
HI , guyopel
i'm in duluth ga.
i own a 1970 gt
& 1975 manta for my son
enjoy the good info. on this site.

·
1,973 Posts
Im from the dying glass capital of the world Corning New York!! Yea Go Corning, i lost $1500 in corning stock (unless there is a miracle)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I live in Atlanta (Acworth) GA, and have been here for since 1988 and have only seen one Opel (Blue) in Marietta.

I grew up in Columbus, Ohio and restored 2 Opels (one my brothers girlfriend totaled, I was not a very happy camper about that).

I am currently without one but my brother (who lives in Taiwan) and I are trying to get the one that my Dad has up and running and in good shape. We are currently picking up pices that we know we will need to restore it completly.

My dad is currently moving from Columbus, Ohio to get this for a name....Frostproof, FL. In the process of moving he stop in Atlanta with the Opel (He drove it all the way down. He had some trouble when he got to the GA-TN border but he was able to get if fixed (mostly electrical and the points). After a day of working on it they (Mom, Dad and the Opel) were on their way south.

Needless to say we have collected a lot of Opel pices and parts, after restoring 3 Opels and 2 Opel parts cars. My dad asked if he should get rid of the stuff in Columbus or move it down with him to FL. I told him from everything I have read on the internet, take it with him, people are looking for the stuff he has (like 4 extra seats - both the driver and pasenger)

Now I have the Opel bug again and I am trying to campain for one of my owen to restore or work on, but my wife says she wants a tank to drive in Atlanta not something that looks like a corvette that got cought in the hot cycle.

I am not given up yet.

Rick Bennett

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
Rick;
There are plenty of GT's here in Atlanta, you just have to ferret them out. There's a guy in Conyers that has several (have not checked recently) I did have one posted on the net trying to sell for him, it was a complete 73. You can call him (Harold Beech) at 404-922-0067 (Rockdale Imports) and see what he's got. But, in the mean time, I have my 69 GT and (2) 74 Sportwagons out in Snellville, along with a 74 manta awaiting transport to TX and stripping a 75 Sportwagon to boot! There is a guy just around the corner from me that has what looks to be a 72 GT for sale. The nose has damage, but, it's not beyond repair. You can come out here and we can go pay him a visit. But, there's several other GA Opelers here too. Sharon is in Cartersville, Thom in north Fulton Co., Bill out in Athens, and John in Cartersville too.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts