• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Opeler
21 Posts
what country ?

Hi Opelers ,

I'm from Romania , here are still a lot of old Opels but just few GT ( may be 4 or 5). Anyway I got two REKORD's from 67 (1.7 CIH engine all original including paint) and 68 ( 1.9 CIH engine with some modifications : 95 mm pistons , dual sidedrafts-SOLEX C 40 ADDHE and KENT CAM OP 244) -this is the car that I'm using Classic Car Rallies in Romania and abrod . Even I'm automotive expert I have to learn a lot from RallyBob , Tekenar, GTJim , Hiro and many, many others Opel dedicated people! All the projects from this forum are very , very technical and pragmatic . May be in one week I'll post a story of my 1.9 engine rebuilding !

La revedere !
( Good Bye in Romanian)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
dickcory1 said:
looks like i am the only one that i have seen so far from PA.

i live in the Poconoes in the summertime and go to school in Selinsgrove, about an hour due east of State College (in Selinsgrove....maybe some of you have heard of the Selinsgrove Raceway?) if you have'nt, i can hear it for you every saterday night - from anywhere in town.

was curious if there are any others near this Area of PA that might be on here. have only seen 2 around the state, both were for sale and nothing more than parts car or major restoration jobs.

you guys from Ohio seem to be the closest.

-Mike
Check out th car show in Charlise, PA in the spring. I met several Opel owners there when I lived in York, PA.

·
Super Moderator
5,628 Posts
simplemind7 said:
only 18 from canada? :(
Not likely. Since there are only 230 votes as of this post, and 7.83% are from Canada, with a total membership of almost 5500, there should be about 430 Canucks on board. Most of them (as is the Canadian stereotype) are likely too shy to let themselves be known.

·
'NO,......O P E L..G T!'
585 Posts
Happy Opeling

I'm in Ely, just north of Cambridge, England........about an hour north of London.

As for GT's, well the Uk Opel GT Owners Club currently has 70 registered members and I've owned 5 of them so that's not bad going :) The current GT is staying with me for good.....but as stated earlier most GT only come out for the shows due to there rarity.

Having spent a few hours over the last year touring the Uk to check out other cars, well a man can never have enough GT's :D , I would estimate the total figure of GT's over here is about 100-120.

·
Opeler
66 Posts
A U.S. state, but not really.

Checking in from Oahu, Hawaii. Just bought my '72 GT this week. Know of no others on any of the islands. Would love to hear from any other Opelers in Hawaii.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1st African to post on this thread....

Originally from Johannesburg, South Africa (lots of Opels there...Astras, Records, Vectras, Kadetts, Calibras etc), but now living in South Bay, Los Angeles....also lived in the 'Burbs of Philly, Shippensburg (just South of Carlisle, PA), Rahway, NJ, Del Mar (San Diego), CA.

·
531 Posts
Canadian, eh?

jeff said:
white rock b.c. and know of 1 other around
Jeff, are you talking about me?

I'm just a few miles from Jeff, in Ladner, which is close to Vancouver, BC
Nobody sees my car, as it's not on the road yet, still in progress...

James

·
Opeler
38 Posts
I've got a 73 GT that is still under construction. I'm currently in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. I'm retiring from the Army and moving to Heidelberg, Germany 1 November. I'll definitely stay plugged in.;)

Arnold

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Clinton Township Michigan, just north of Detroit!

I drove Opel GT's all thru High School and college (in Columbus, OH). I left my first one there with a kid named Kevin that went to DeVry in the learly 80s. About 6 years ago, my kid brother bought a GT to fix up, but never got it on the road. His wife finally made him get it out of the garage, so he gave it to my son. I have had a blast the last 3 weeks or so working on it like old times. Runs great, now!

I wold love to hear if the one I left behind on the west side of Columbus was ever loved or if it was forgotten to the weeds.

Steve

·
Opeler
58 Posts
tunepipe911 said:
I supose there are not a lot of belgium people here,however i must say there is much more fun on american gt-sites,than in europe,threr is lots to be found and fast reply on any questions!!;)
Wrong,I'm also from Belgium and completely agree that these is the best opel forum that I know.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts