Votes: 7 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just visiting this planet

Born Savannah, GA, 1966. Raised Tampa, FL 1967-72; Plattsburgh, NY/Burlington VT (It's not a happy story:no: ) 1972-76; Portland, ME 1976-78; Metro Atlanta 1978-2000, 2005-present; Hinesville, GA 2000-2005. Connected by Marriage to Lima, Peru, and I have a son in San Jose, Costa Rica. Lived with Opels everywhere but Portland & Hinesville. Georgia's climate favors a car living until it wears out or something flat out kills it. Heck, even a Vega wouldn't rust out in Atlanta for five or six hours, at least!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my 72 GT in Germany when I was stationed there. I'm now back and have been recently stationed at Beale AFB near Sacramento. I gotta go pick her up from shipping here soon. Can't wait.

·
1000 Post Club
4,101 Posts
I bought my 72 GT in Germany when I was stationed there. I'm now back and have been recently stationed at Beale AFB near Sacramento. I gotta go pick her up from shipping here soon. Can't wait.
Is this a euro spec GT or are we reimporting a US one? We want pictures when you get it!!

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
By Golly, I was stationed there in the mid 60s. There's a couple of folks from the membership that are there also. One's a pilot stationed there and the other lives in Yuba City. You gotta get together. :yup:

·
gone Opel GT crazy!
640 Posts
Well not much of a story here born and raised (and still being raised) in Lincoln Alabama all my life!:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am an "Other - European".
I live in Noord - Scharwoude,
Noord - Holland,
The Netherlands.
I have my '71 GT since 2000.
And have him now completely stripped.
Hopefully, he will run in 2008 again.
So you see there are a lot of GT freaks in a lot of countries.
And I love this site !!!:yup:
Greetings from The Netherlands,
Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Loonyville,Lousyville

Here in Louisville Ky., I've recently seen again, a butterscotch GT, would see a blue Kadett wagon which was last getting a paint job and my Manta. there are probably a few more hiding out in garages etc. One of the junkyards had a bunch of em until five or ten years ago. Crushed em all and now there's a similar stack of Stanzas and Tercels.

·
Opeler
20 Posts
Baja Mexico Opel Fanatic

Hi,, I live in Rosarito Beach Mexico..
I have a 1971 Opel GT, wich was rust free until 3 years ago (Arizona car) when it came here to the beach....remember boys and girls old car+beach:cool:=rust.....:banghead:
I have only seen another running GT, ( a red one, in the last 3 years) i know of a few in the local PYP...

·
[email protected] Dutch speaking ?
65 Posts
10 years ago joined this site and now I reply to this thread.....:silly:

I'm from the Netherlands and bought my GT/J in 1988.
I have lived in " Lisse " for a long time ( near Keukenhof = Flowers) and about 24mi/40km from Amsterdam.
A couple of years ago moved to " Sassenheim" (about 3mi/5km of Lisse)

Greetings, Pieter

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,392 Posts
from the city of West Chicago
the state of Illinois
joined back in 06

121 - 133 of 133 Posts