Opel GT Forum banner

341 - 360 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Your interior looks fantastic, Kyler! Are those seats original vinyl, or have they been replaced? They look like original seam stitching.

I just took my car for a drive before it rains to test out the new master cylinder and booster from OGTS that I installed yesterday. Aside from some brake fluid in my eye and making a mess with brake fluid everywhere trying to connect the front lower line on the master, the install was fairly quick. I also removed the old seam sealer and re-did it with some new stuff, cleaned and painted around where you can’t reach with the booster and master installed, and repainted the front grille.

The old booster was shot—it had brake fluid inside it and the old master was gunked up, which explains why that damn red light would always stay on and flicker. Braking with the larger master and booster feels like a newer car.

Next up is the drip from the tranny. Looks like some of the seals need replaced. I’m also looking for a nice third brake light to install but haven’t found one that I think will look good yet.

Attachments

·
Can Opeler
3,320 Posts
Ejota,
Thank you! They are the original seat covers, and they are nearly perfect!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Heater Fan revisions

Now is a good time to get rid of that huge fan and replace it as shown in the picture. That will give you a lot of space for future DSDs or EFI and still preserve the heater, unless you feel pity to deny home to rats.
Nice work! Could you provide a picture of the other side of the fan to see more of the inside?

Thanks!
Bill
In Minnesota - I might need a heater here!

·
Senior Contributor
4,977 Posts
Drove around The Villages for an hour today with my (visiting) son in the passenger seat tuning the MegaSquirt with TunerStudio for driveability at low loads and low speeds.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Went for a 45 minute drive to try out the new tires and third brake light I put in the vents.

The GT that someone owns a few blocks from my house was uncovered for the first time since I moved to the neighborhood a decade ago. I grabbed a tailend shot. It has been sitting a long while but doesn’t look too rusted.

Maybe someone will be around next time to talk with to see what the deal is with it. Maybe I can help getting it running.

Attachments

·
Opeler
1,169 Posts
Went for a 45 minute drive to try out the new tires and third brake light I put in the vents.

The GT that someone owns a few blocks from my house was uncovered for the first time since I moved to the neighborhood a decade ago. I grabbed a tailend shot. It has been sitting a long while but doesn’t look too rusted.

Maybe someone will be around next time to talk with to see what the deal is with it. Maybe I can help getting it running.
The tail lights on that car are in wrong.

Karl

·
Über Genius
8,966 Posts

I thought I knew all the GTs in Portland.
You, sir, have proven me wrong.

·
Can Opeler
3,320 Posts
I went to car meet that’s a bit different than my typical style. This meet was called the “slamdlyfe” meet if that rings any bells. It was actually really cool I had to throw my prejudices out quickly. A lot of cars that weren’t really my style, but the owners were very knowledgeable and friendly. I saw a Nissan Laurel, a Toyota Starlet, NSX, Mercury Marauder, even a lifted Mazda Miata. All things I’d never seen before. It was a blast. My car was definitely the main attention grabber lol. I got a lot of questions about the engine and had fun explaining what CIH was and why it’s a non-crossflow design. No one there had ever seen a car in person with intake and exhaust on one side.

Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Can Opeler
3,320 Posts
Someone posted this on Facebook from the meet. I’m going to have message him and see if I can buy the image file. This is a great photo.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,400 Posts
Yeah that's a GREAT pic! It would make a nice poster on your wall, maybe with some added words. Member Marc could help you with that.

Yesterday I drove my GT in the snow for the first time in 30 years, then later that night I made a video of my car's full lighting display while parked on the snow.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtwYuNgYRvIE7miUa5P7qPg

IMG_1088.jpg IMG_1090.jpg IMG_1089.jpg

·
Can Opeler
3,320 Posts
"No one there had ever seen a car in person with intake and exhaust on one side."

They've never seen a Triumph either?
Or a Datsun. Reverse flow engines are actually not that common though. No modern cars have them. The benefit to reverse flow was low temperature operation. The exhaust warmed up the fuel in the carbs

Most of these guys have never seen the engine bay of a classic.

·
Super Moderator
13,489 Posts
Don’t forget all the non-crossflow water cooled VW’s and Audi’s too. And the Chrysler 2.2 and 2.5’s. Literally millions upon millions built...

Not to mention all those inline 6-cylinder domestic engines for like ...60 years.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,400 Posts
I hear my 2.2i Rekord is now in the work shop.The boys will begin with the swap from the whole drive train and brakes into my GT. Now must look foreward and not backwards!
You will be far ahead of me with your 2.2 project. You will probably have 2 speeding tickets before my Wagon leaves my driveway.

:lmao:

341 - 360 of 834 Posts