Opel GT Forum banner

861 - 880 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Gave the GT a good wipe down and ran around the neighborhood ran the stereo system we installed but turned it off as I'm really preferring the sound of the GT. Not to mention the exhaust kinda drowns out the sub woofer anyway. Still as much fun as when we got it back together and safe to drive. Thanks to all of you whom helped us with all the advise. still have stuff I would like to do but no extra funds are allotted to the Gt right now. Thanks for nothing covid but my GT is suffering

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Unpacking a big tote of light parts I picked up in PA.
Gonna remove the chrome on the front side marker lights to paint them to match the body.
Then going through the rest of the tote to decide what to keep and what to get rid of.
Also working in 3D I can look at some ideas I have.
I'm not changing the color. This is just an example file.

Looking at doing the rear end kind of like this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife and I took advantage of a beautiful fall Indiana day with a drive too and through Brown County SP in Nashville, Indiana. Good lunch and a beverage at Big Woods (Quaff ON) Brewery. Trees are changing some, but mostly leaves are falling. Great day to get the GT out.
72 Opel GT Brown County.JPG

·
Registered
434 Posts
No work today - just play. 79 degrees so the natural airconditioning, in the GT, was working well and the car was running great. So the wife and I drove up to McClellanville, SC to the shrimp dock and picked up a couple pounds of fresh shrimp. Also had lunch at T.W. Graham & CO a little hole in the wall that has great atmosphere and great seafood for a resonable price. Just a nice day for a little drive...

·
Vendor
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #867
Today I replaced my road rashed gas cap with one I found on ebay WITH a key that works!!
I did pay a small fortune, almost embarrassed to say how much ($130 w/ shipping and tax), but it's all part of the fun :cool:
Actually, you got a deal. I've seen caps that nice go for >$150. Keep it locked when you park your car outside. I learned that lesson the hard way. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
13,688 Posts
Just a follow up to my 3-piece racing wheel refurbishing. I ordered and received the silicone sealer/adhesive yesterday, so last night I sealed the rim halves, and while the silicone was still wet I final-torqued the wheel bolts in a criss-cross pattern. A little bit of inspection lacquer was then applied to the threads of the attachment bolts.

This morning with the silicone cured I mounted up one of the tires.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Today I replaced my road rashed gas cap with one I found on ebay WITH a key that works!!
I did pay a small fortune, almost embarrassed to say how much ($130 w/ shipping and tax), but it's all part of the fun :cool:
I agree you got a deal - purchased a new one for 115.00, just recently found the receipt, 25 years ago and felt good about it then as the old one was the bottom of a paper cup - worked pretty well but aesthetically not so much......And yes keep it locked. To avoid road rash on the new one - when I get gas I always lay the cap on the drivers seat - no way I am taking a chance with a perfect cap and your's looked perfect.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Ordered a set of gaskets for the all the body light stuff I picked up in PA.
Also have a new storage place to put the GT away for awhile.

·
Super Moderator
13,688 Posts
Moving cars today from storage. No more paying rent! They are not coming to the new shop just yet, as the last loft isnt done and the floor has zero room for cars right now! But they got temporarily relocated so tomorrow I don’t have to cut another check!

·
Opeler
1,133 Posts
Moving cars today from storage. No more paying rent! They are not coming to the new shop just yet, as the last loft isnt done and the floor has zero room for cars right now! But they got temporarily relocated so tomorrow I don’t have to cut another check!

View attachment 430478 View attachment 430479
The only thing I don’t like about this post......is the SNOW on the ground!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Went to Cars and Coffee today in Mount Pleasant, SC only the third time I have been - was fun - met a guy that has a daily driver red GT, but did not bring it today, so including his GT and the one two blocks from my house that is slowly rusting under a tarp that makes 3 that I know of in Mount Pleasant. Regarding the gathering of auto's today the ratio of old to newer cars - 85% newer to 15 percent older, older being 25 years plus, of course the only GT there was mine. This event takes place ever Saturday Morning from 8-10 am at the local mall. Must have been a 150 cars. Will do this more often......................

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,208 Posts
I had the Patriotic Calibra out for a ride today, stretched her legs a little bit on I-85 from GA to SC.

She liked it!

Dieter

·
Opelnut
939 Posts
Look what I found while cleaning the shop... Lenk rear resonator. wonder how it going to sound on the current project
IMG_0641[1].JPG

·
Super Moderator
13,688 Posts
With my GT at home finally, I threw one of the 3-piece Keizer wheels on that I recently rebuilt. The wheel/tire combo weighs 25 lbs exactly BTW. If the wheels had a 5.5” backspacing they would’ve just fit under the fenders. Still, not a bad fit for a 9” rim and no flares.

I also installed the front 1.5” wheel spacers I will be using with skinny 3.5” drag wheels up front. I’m not concerned with scrub radius on a car going in a straight line.

Reactions: opelnut_1

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Test fitted the ERM wheels and ordered a pair of Kumho 205/50/15 tires.
I'll use those to check the rear then may order the 15X8 wheels and put 225/50/15's on them.

·
1,732 Posts
Very nice late November day in the Midwest. Took the GT for a warm up run and got a picture with the Gate Guards at the Airport. Can you name all 5 ?
20201127_144553.jpg

861 - 880 of 911 Posts