Opel GT Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 1314 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Replaced the rear wheel studs only to discover that. The extended length also requires them to be finer thread for more tensile strength. Now have two different sets of lug nuts front and rear. Aarrrrrrh.😞
Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Wood Auto part

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
1,052 Posts
Coffee and Cars this morning from 8:30 until 10:00 - met a guy that has a Red 69 GT however did not have it with him -it is however for sale for $11,000.00. I have no details or contact information but suggested that he list it and put it on the forum as well. I also painted my muffler black, instead of silver, to blend in and changed out the plastic bumper ends that have the license plate light bulbs - found out that my bulbs don't illuminate so began that project this afternoon. The little plastic part that holds the bulb on the left hand side would not stay in place which I cured with a little glue and I dont think the current ground is making a good connection. Really interesting that they put the ground on the bumper instead of just running the wire all the way to the bulb housing and grounding it there. Just another one of those little things that slipped by me that I will be done with tomorrow. I still have a list of those little things and will continue to plug away until they are all done or -Will I. Finish.............Cheers..............................

·
Registered
31 Posts
janky wiring chuckle-heads did before i got car had a wiring family style thing going in the middle near oil thingie what could be wrong with lotsof positive wire just hanging uncovered over metal i mean seriously lol the purple wire was spliced to other wire that i assume went to carb? other wire went to coil and somewhere lol likely the tapedeck ? its a sweet kraco with 3 band eg
not a fake real krako i mean

·
Registered
The Young One
1,377 Posts
janky wiring chuckle-heads did before i got car had a wiring family style thing going in the middle need oil thingie what could be wrong with lotsof positive wire just hanging uncovered over metal i mean
Wow that is crazy! Good thing your car didn’t burn down!

·
Registered
31 Posts
question likeled to be deleted everones rear wings are liek ones in my 81 civic but my opels are fixed how can iget them for venting no ac cars your rear windows all flip open right?

·
Registered
The Young One
1,377 Posts
question likeled to be deleted everones rear wings are liek ones in my 81 civic but my opels are fixed how can iget them for venting no ac cars your rear windows all flip open right?
Like do you mean the rear window or the vent windows?

·
Registered
The Young One
1,377 Posts
The rear like back seat windowsnif it had back seat not rear back windscreen
Like this? The 1971 and newer Opel Gt had these windows opening. The 1970 and before don’t. But sometimes past owners might switch them around.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Hood

Reactions: only

·
Registered
The Young One
1,377 Posts
okay same size? anyone know ? plus then i can get parts to hopefully fix honda window lock that broke in 2007 can just open wing full lol
I think they are the same size. Someone else might know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
likely a not avail part cept in salvage will look thanks love your car gald to see i can get windows rubbers as these are 51 years old and dont look a day past 29 year when they likely needed replaced on the second car and maybe 10 years on this one sad and only 2874 miles ... likely at least sqed if not like way more

·
Registered
The Young One
1,377 Posts
likely a not avail part cept in salvage will look thanks love your car gald to see i can get windows rubbers as these are 51 years old and dont look a day past 29 year when they likely needed replaced on the second car and maybe 10 years on this one sad and only 2874 miles ... likely at least sqed if not like way more
It really has 2,874 miles on it? You should start a introduction thread where you can introduce yourselves to this website and show some pictures of your cars

Here is a link:

·
Super Moderator
14,713 Posts
In my boredom I did some welding today. Nitrous bungs in a Cannon 2-bbl Holley intake.
Bumper Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Machine tool

1261 - 1280 of 1314 Posts