1970 cars built at Antwerp began with chassis #9226061
1971 cars built at Antwerp began with chassis #9361001

Standard engine 1.1

Source: 1968-1974 Opel and GT Parts Book, effective November 1973, pages 1-3

·
Registered
The Young One
1,209 Posts
I think that is a 1.1L Sr engine since it has the dual carbs. The 1.1L GTs had the same engine. I may not be right bet someone on here knows if this is true.

It looks pretty rust free! Good luck with it and keep us updated on what you do to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think that is a 1.1L Sr engine since it has the dual carbs. The 1.1L GTs had the same engine. I may not be right bet someone on here knows if this is true.

It looks pretty rust free! Good luck with it and keep us updated on what you do to it.
Will do. I'll try to post frequently. Rust I can handle, been diddling with American cars since the 70's. Going to need a few parts so i'll be leaning on you guys.

·
Opeler
183 Posts
it's a great car and in pretty good condition honestly.

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Registered
The Young One
1,209 Posts
Will do. I'll try to post frequently. Rust I can handle, been diddling with American cars since the 70's. Going to need a few parts so i'll be leaning on you guys.
Some guys on here have parts and opelgtsource and rock auto have a lot of parts for opels.

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

Yes, it's an 11SR under the hood. That they built sedans with the 11SR engine is new to me, as far as I know, only the Rallye coupes got it in Europe, so it could be a US special. Or someone swapped the engine. Definitively worth saving and restoring. And the Monza Blau is a good looking color too.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
According to the Parts Manual that I sourced, the 1.1 is the standard engine for the car, with the 1.9 an option. The 2-door coupe Super Deluxe (model #92) came with the 1.9 standard. Model #91, the 2-door Sport Sedan came with the 1.1 standard and 1.9 as an option. I'll scan the page and attach to a later post

1 - 20 of 27 Posts