Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
In Europe the base engines were the single 1bbl carb equipped 11N and S engines.
I think they named the colors differently in the US, at least I have never heard of Strato Blue in Europe.

·
Registered
763 Posts
OP. I have a Fisher emblem that probably fits in those holes. I am not putting it back on my 69 1.1. GT. If I paint the car, I will fill in those holes.

It is yours if you want it. A little rough, but should clean up a bit. Just let me know. I can mail it to you. I was in Arkansas last week. Sherri's parents live in Russellville.

Be glad to mail it to you. Send a PM if interested.
Motor vehicle Orange Automotive tire Font Tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Textile Tread

·
Registered
27 Posts
It seems that all used Kadetts come with a crushed lower front valance as a standard feature. Mine did too. :-(
Looks like a good find and worthy of saving. Those tail lights will be hard to find at a reasonable price. Some type of alternate may be something to consider unless you want to keep it original. I had a '67 Kadett with the 1.1L and I thought I was gonna have to cut out the floorboard so I could "Flintstone" it up the hills. The motor was probably pretty "tired" but it got great gas mileage.

·
Senior Contributor
688 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
The engine is definitely the 1.1SR. I had that engine in my 69 Kadett that was all original with ~ 11,000 miles when I sold it last year. It was an LS model. When Bob Lutz saw the car at his 12 car private showing in 2013, he said it was a very rare car, especially with it having an automatic transmission. I would love to see your car when it is restored!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
14 Posts
The engine is definitely the 1.1SR. I had that engine in my 69 Kadett that was all original with ~ 11,000 miles when I sold it last year. It was an LS model. When Bob Lutz saw the car at his 12 car private showing in 2013, he said it was a very rare car, especially with it having an automatic transmission. I would love to see your car when it is restored! View attachment 445449 View attachment 445450 View attachment 445449 View attachment 445450 View attachment 445449 View attachment 445450
Sorry about the extra pictures. As usual, I'm technologically challenged!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts