Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks P.J. - that one on e-bay has a W=557 so that would be the metric equivalent to the W=897. I'll keep an eye on the German e-bay and check the German GT forum.

Harold.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,429 Posts
Not to wake up a REALLY old thread.. anyone have the Kadett W numbers ?

My Kadett : 1971 - 1.9L - Automatic - MPH : Speedo W = 1097

Specifically I would love to know what a 3.18L Kadett Auto is and if anyone has a spare.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,300 Posts
As I recall, probably poorly, it was mostly the '68, maybe the '69's, Kadett Wagons that had the 3:18's. Don't know about the situation with normal Kadetts and later years.

Whatever became of that revelation that there was some junkyard down in your neck of the woods that had a whole bunch of Opel Wagons.

Has anyone gone over there to see if some 3:18 rears were amongst them?

·
7,429 Posts
As I recall, probably poorly, it was mostly the '68, maybe the '69's, Kadett Wagons that had the 3:18's. Don't know about the situation with normal Kadetts and later years.

Whatever became of that revelation that there was some junkyard down in your neck of the woods that had a whole bunch of Opel Wagons.

Has anyone gone over there to see if some 3:18 rears were amongst them?
The guy crushed them before we could move them and the GTs.. >.<

Actually most all Automatic Kadetts had 3.18s exception being the later 70 and 71.. and I THINK my speedo is a bit odd as its a 7 tooth ( I checked ) and the 1097 works. Looks from Dieters spreadsheet I need a 997 ( if 7 tooth in auto ) or possibly something older and an older 5 tooth blue gear and a 712ish ?

Going to dig in parts books I THINK I remember them listing them by W number in there.

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts

·
7,429 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
2,123 Posts
I'm bringing this thread back to life as I'd appreciate some more info on the excel sheet. Dieter, could you explain what row 4 is? It's the only row I can't view and it contains some sort of necessary calculation. I'd like to experiment with the numbers, like say a 21 tooth gear to work with larger tires.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts