Opel GT Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
looks great

1-I would like to see the pacesetters in the back.yes, its tucked up nicely.
You are obviously a man of good tastes and judgement, i can tell by the the color of your gt. :) i have always liked 73 wheeels.
2-did you use 2 single pacesetters or the twin tips x 2=4?

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
BQ97,
Could you get some photographs of the exhaust design under the car(s)? I would really like to see how you used the mandrel bent pipes.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
dam good

bq97 said:
Back end view.

Brian
1-it doesnt rattle against the body? very clean and snug?
2-i guess i have never seen your car. WOW, you have a clean gt! your paint and body is soooo clean.was it repainted professionally? sure looks good. I got to go to your gallery and see more of your car.
3- dont they call those "pencils tips-3 in diameter"

·
199 Posts
For Opeldean and MICAH1:

The system does not rattle at all it is very secure. At every point that comes close to the body I put a hard rubber insulator to prevent any metal to metal contact. The tips are the 3 inches single ones and fit the scallops in the back perfectly. For the pipes I purchased some mandrel bent “U” pipes from Summit cut and welded them, replicating the original system. I’ll post some pictures of the actual pipes this evening.

The wheels look like the 73 GT wheels but they are actually 75 Manta wheels modified to look like the 73 wheels then powder coated. I don’t have any pictures in the gallery. I guess I need to add some. I did all the work to the car myself to include the body work and paint.

Brian

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Brian, that looks promising, I wonder if I could get a pair of 4" X 9" with 2.5" in and out for the Willit? GT. The V-6 has just got to breathe. :D

·
199 Posts
Ron,

I will venture to guess that a 4 x 9 oval will fit on the driver's side as well. The MagnaFlow 4 x 9 is 11 inches long. Matter of fact I know it will fit because that's where my battery box is and it is 9 by 11.

Brian

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Cool, Brian. Now if they only had them in 2.5" in and out that would be great, that's what the exhaust will be from the manifolds back to the rear. And the overall size is just about perfect, I don't want them banging on the ground going over some of the dips we have out here for water runoff? :rolleyes:

·
199 Posts
They do, Part number 11366, 4 x 9 oval with an 11 inch body 2.5 in and out .
The one I used, part number 11365 is 2 1/4 in and out. Since my exhaust is 2 inches in and 2 1/2 inches out I welded a short 2 1/4 inch piece to the outside of the 2 inch pipe where it goes into the muffler and used a 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 piece on the outlet.

Brian

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Outstanding!! Now to see if the folks at the alignment/muffler shop can get a pair along with the mandrel bent tubes needed to go over the axle and from the front of the motor back. At least something is going right today. Thanx for the info. I do appreciate it. :D

·
Super Moderator
3,198 Posts
The exhaust system Brian and I (mostly Brian) fabricated has a very nice "sports" car sound. It is louder than the stock system that was on the car but it is not too loud. I would say it is about right for what I wanted. It really sounds great now. The tips even look much better!
It takes a good 6 to 7 hours to complete the job properly and I would recommend having an extra hand around. How Brian did by himself his is beyond me.
Brian really did a great job and I would recommend doing this to anyone else's GT that wants a better sounding GT!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts