Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What color was the stock intake manifold on a 1972 Opel GT?
Mine was painted black but I am not the original owner and I want to try to keep it stock color.

·
Can Opeler
3,173 Posts
What color was the stock intake manifold on a 1972 Opel GT?
Mine was painted black but I am not the original owner and I want to try to keep it stock color.
Bare metal.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,946 Posts
Not possible on aluminum... It can oxidize but it doesn't rust. Oxidized aluminum is actually stronger.

What is the color of the exhaust manifold? Now that would be a rusty reddish brown.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I am going to try to polish mine with aluminum polish then.
I will post pics when completed

·
Super Moderator
13,167 Posts
It was bare aluminum, but with plenty of overspray from the head, as delivered from Opel.

·
Can Opeler
3,173 Posts
It was bare aluminum, but with plenty of overspray from the head, as delivered from Opel.
They really painted the head with the manifold bolted up? That’s just lazy lol.

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
325 Posts
They really painted the head with the manifold bolted up? That’s just lazy lol.
Speed and efficiency is what they were all about. They did not want to sped time cleaning the ports to get a good seal. I guess they figured no one would care, Engineers: go figure.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Speed and efficiency is what they were all about. They did not want to sped time cleaning the ports to get a good seal. I guess they figured no one would care, Engineers: go figure.
Cost cutting affects engineering, craftsmanship and pride, and usually not in a good way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts