Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Über Genius
9,026 Posts
I have a few. I will post them whenever they come to mind. I'll start with two.

Shortly after getting the GT running, before there was the AMAZING paint job done, I had barely gotten it one color. It ran and drove but, safety? What's safety?
I needed to go to Downtown Portland and couldn't find the keys. No worry, I found a flaw early on where if I had the turn signal to the left and turned on the headlight switch, I could run the engine.
I also had disabled any semblance of a steering lock and even removed the return for the turn signal so I could drive it like that. The ignition was from my 65 Lincoln Continental and was wired into the dash via the cigarette lighter opening.
BTW, the GT was my moms car then.
Naturally, at 16 years old I was a skilled craftsman at motor vehicle assembly. When I put the steering wheel back on I stripped the threads on the shaft and ended up using a random nut that "fit good enough" if I didn't tighten it down all the way.

So, here I am driving my moms 69 GT, no tags, relatively hotwired with the headlights on and the turn signal stalk in the left turn position.
I was rounding a curve and bumped the stalk back to neutral and the car shut off quickly.
In haste I reached around the steering wheel with my right hand to push the lever back down while I struggled to hit the start button, cleverly wired into the starter. In that instant, the nut gave way on the steering column and the steering wheel popped into my lap.

This is about the time the guardian angel grabbed something and kept the car on the road while I quickly struggled to get the steering wheel back on. Still on the curve, the guardian angel hit the starter button and I'd already shifted the stalk. The car fired up just in time to let me stay in the traffic.

I missed the curb by inches and the person behind me was blaring their horn but I didn't die.

The steering wheel popped off two more times on the way home but not into my lap. I drove the rest of the way home pushing the steering wheel toward the front of the car.

I never did fix the steering wheel the right way but did drill a pin hole through the hub and used an old coat hanger as the pin. It lasted a few years til I sold the car.

The second one was in the same GT a couple years later.

After my mom had her dramatic divorce and then moved to another state, the car was mine, officially. It was Summer of 1983 and I was hanging out with friends. One of my friends (my roommate) had a 62 Chevy pickup he'd just bought and was all excited about how it handled. It had a bit of power too.
Well, we got into a chase game and I was behind him in the GT. I was easily keeping up with him on the corners but he toasted me on the straights. Luckily, I guess, we were in t a residential neighborhood and he kept making turns.

One one turn, two blocks from out regular hangout, he hit a corner and I came inches from plowing into him. The height of his bumper and the low front of the gt was a perfect combination. I was all but parked under his bumper at 35 mph or so, in a turn, when he took off.

It went something like Brake HARD, cringe, and saw him speeding away to the next turn. I floored it as hard as I could and hit the turn. Something went POP and my accelerator was stuck down and my first instinct was to hit the clutch. I saw my tack peg out and panicked and dropped the clutch and the wheels spun. I was in a straight at this point but the back felt like it was on water. I stomped the clutch again, the tach went up again and that's when I reached for the (now repaired) ignition and shut the engine down.

I got out and fixed the return spring on the throttle and restarted the car. I heard a definite "ticking" noise coming from the engine and hoped I didn't break it.

Long story short, two weeks later I did my second engine change. I had only had that engine in the car for a couple months.

·
RunOpel
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow First Opel 1981 quite the unbelievable moments and at such a young age. Yes you certainly must of
had an angle watching over you and thank goodness :yup:

I wonder how the next owner has fared with that GT???

·
Über Genius
9,026 Posts
Wow First Opel 1981 quite the unbelievable moments and at such a young age. Yes you certainly must of
had an angle watching over you and thank goodness :yup:

I wonder how the next owner has fared with that GT???
Sadly, the Opel GT of that story didn't make it. The new owned had hopes and dreams of turning it into a monster truck. Well, just a jacked up 4WD. It was the mid 80s and every 20something had that idea at the time.

I saw it a couple years later, just a shell of its original beauty, sitting in unmowed grass with the shell up on a 4WD frame. No engine and the seemed to have stopped when they realized it would be difficult to have steering and a Chevy 350 engine at the same time.

A year later it wasn't there anymore and the house looked like it was being taken care of. Either the owners grew up or the house was sold.

Reactions: dpre and soybean

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,498 Posts
I installed my Lenk hood on my previous car just to see how it fit. I hadn't reinforced it or come up with a way to latch it closed yet. For some unfathomable reason, I decided to drive the car to work. Everything was cool until I took the off ramp from the major 3 lane local highway onto the 5 lane really major highway. You have to floor it going down the off/on ramp in order have any chance of blending into the flow of the unwashed masses jockeying for position as the 5 lanes get squeezed down to 3 lanes to create an unnecessary bottleneck and brake test zone. I had hit 50mph and was still accelerating as I blended into the flow of cut throat psychopaths.

That was when the hood started lifting up like Poseidon rising from the sea.

You'd think that a hood that hinges in the front would stay closed even tighter as you go faster due to the air rushing over it. Alas, no. It rose up until it's back edge was about level with the roof. Gee, I can see my chromy engine! Gee, I can't see where I'm driving at all!

:yikes: AAAAGGGGHHHH! :yikes:

I tried reaching out the window to grab it and pull it down, but couldn't reach it. So, I had to stick my head out the window in order to drive. I slowed down, but it wasn't until I was down to 40 that the hood finally laid back down.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
It wasn't even driveable?

OK, I wasn't going to tell stories on myself, but Matt's "angel" was a sign that I should! What is more interesting is that this story was (a little bit) Matt's fault in the first place! :yup::no::ugh:!

When Matt "shoved" the 2 cars together and was leaving for home (Canada), I had him leave the remaining "hulk" in my backyard. I live on 1-3/4 acres outside of all the city limits here in Scottsdale and the car is out of sight of all neighbors and drive-byes. I started this thread (https://www.opelgt.com/forums/general-discussions/104802-special-bodied-opels.html) to look at some possible mods I was thinking about and was well into adding a "Corvette style" front fender vent (with interest from a couple of like minded members - but not Anders ...:lmao:). Using the remaining part of the body, I could cutup the shell in any way I wanted to before I decided to mod my "real" GT. Before anyone gets upset, look at the other thread and this one: https://www.opelgt.com/forums/general-discussions/107469-sale-cars-parts-sometime-near-future.html Anyway, I was using my "angel" grinder with a cutoff wheel and cutting through the metal (and about 1/4 inch of Bondo) making sparks and having a great time when I saw a small puff of smoke come out of the grinder. A few seconds later and I realized that it was NOT coming from the grinder, but from the 6 foot high bush right in front of the car. Removing the goggles, I saw that the entire bush was on fire and looking to start climbing the tree BEHIND the car. Well, this wasn't my first rodeo so I had put my lawn hose next to the car and turned the water on so I was able to grab the hose, squeeze the nozzle handle and bring the fire under control. As I was doing this, something caught my eye and I turned to find the lady from across the street standing there with her "phone" telling me she had seen the smoke and asking me if I needed any help and should she call the fire department? I tried to assure her that all was under control and it would totally out before she could finish her call. She watched a little longer and, as she left, told me again she would call if I needed help. I finished putting the fire out and drenched the entire area for another 15 minutes or so then raked all the charred grasses out from under the bush and into the middle of a cleared area and added more water. I will get a photo of the bush as it "stands?" today.

OK, can anyone top that for stupidity, or do you want to? .. Doug

BTW - the first smoke WAS coming from the grinder (Harbor Fright) which made one last puff and died within 15 seconds after I restarted! Maybe an ANGEL was there!

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
1,536 Posts
Here's a fun one.... Back in the Days.... yup.. the old days.. when there were Tolls Booths that collect Exact change Lanes

Here in New York we had Tolls and Exact Change lanes.. (yes, robot collecting machine) ..back then the NYSTA set the
Toll on the New York State Thruway at .25 cents ... a Quarter... just one coin toss :yup:

Back in H.S. I'd pull into the Toll Plaza ..... STOP.. Red Light... Open my door... or my friend Open his "" reach Down pick up the Quarters that missed the Machine on the Ground ( easy to do in GT,, and when your a kid too )... Closed Door ..pop quarter into machine ,,, Green Light...and GO.....:cool3:

We also Played a Game.... Toss the Quarter from the Pass. Side over the Roof into the basket .. while cruising through.... we never missed our Mark LOL...:lmao: always made the light turn Green.....easy to do in a GT.... Fun Times..:veryhappy

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,498 Posts
I hated having to stop for those diggity dang toll booths just to throw a quarter. I hated even more the people who would throw their quarter and then patiently wait for the basket to digest the quarter and fart out a green GO light. If there's change in my car it has no value, so I would just grab a whole bunch of nickles, dimes, and quarters and blast through the toll booth at 25mph whilst flinging the entire handful of change somewhere in the vicinity of the basket. Some of them actually made it into the basket.

So, Mike, those were my quarters you were picking up. No problem, you don't owe me anything, just pay it forward and throw handfuls of quarters out the window for the next poor guy to pick up.

:lmao:

·
Über Genius
9,026 Posts
OK, I wasn't going to tell stories on myself, but Matt's "angel" was a sign that I should! What is more interesting is that this story was (a little bit) Matt's fault in the first place! :yup::no::ugh:!

When Matt "shoved" the 2 cars together and was leaving for home (Canada), I had him leave the remaining "hulk" in my backyard. I live on 1-3/4 acres outside of all the city limits here in Scottsdale and the car is out of sight of all neighbors and drive-byes. I started this thread (https://www.opelgt.com/forums/general-discussions/104802-special-bodied-opels.html) to look at some possible mods I was thinking about and was well into adding a "Corvette style" front fender vent (with interest from a couple of like minded members - but not Anders ...:lmao:). Using the remaining part of the body, I could cutup the shell in any way I wanted to before I decided to mod my "real" GT. Before anyone gets upset, look at the other thread and this one: https://www.opelgt.com/forums/general-discussions/107469-sale-cars-parts-sometime-near-future.html Anyway, I was using my "angel" grinder with a cutoff wheel and cutting through the metal (and about 1/4 inch of Bondo) making sparks and having a great time when I saw a small puff of smoke come out of the grinder. A few seconds later and I realized that it was NOT coming from the grinder, but from the 6 foot high bush right in front of the car. Removing the goggles, I saw that the entire bush was on fire and looking to start climbing the tree BEHIND the car. Well, this wasn't my first rodeo so I had put my lawn hose next to the car and turned the water on so I was able to grab the hose, squeeze the nozzle handle and bring the fire under control. As I was doing this, something caught my eye and I turned to find the lady from across the street standing there with her "phone" telling me she had seen the smoke and asking me if I needed any help and should she call the fire department? I tried to assure her that all was under control and it would totally out before she could finish her call. She watched a little longer and, as she left, told me again she would call if I needed help. I finished putting the fire out and drenched the entire area for another 15 minutes or so then raked all the charred grasses out from under the bush and into the middle of a cleared area and added more water. I will get a photo of the bush as it "stands?" today.

OK, can anyone top that for stupidity, or do you want to? .. Doug

BTW - the first smoke WAS coming from the grinder (Harbor Fright) which made one last puff and died within 15 seconds after I restarted! Maybe an ANGEL was there!
I can match or top it but not with an Opel.

87 LeBaron
74 Pinto
65 Lincoln

My next Opel Story

Same GT, my first one, circa 1984.

My Girlfriends parents invited me to go on a fishing trip to central Oregon, about 180 miles from home. Problem was they were leaving a lot earlier than I could so I was left, in the dark, to find the camping spot with only directions to go by. One of the directions was to drive past a certain rock outcropping that's not easy to miss in the daylight but impossible to see at night. Basically, while you were driving during the day you'd all of a sudden see a rock penis sprouting from behind a hillside. When I saw it months later, in the daylight, I laughed out loud.

Needless to say, I wasn't sure I had the right place but, being a young man, I was confident I had found the right road.

Add to that, it was raining. It had been raining for well over a week so there was water reflections EVERYWHERE and my headlights, well, sucked balls. I was lucky to see the road most of the time.

Following the directions I saw the road I was supposed to be on. It looked, however, that I was driving down a boat ramp. There was, literal, flowing water right in front of me. I just barely stopped before driving right into it. I was pretty sure there was a road there. I looked around the best I could and couldn't see the road going anywhere else.

There were a few campers back about 200 feet from where I was. I had driven past them to get to the flowing water.

I was about to turn around to find a different road when I saw, off in the distance, headlights turning and coming towards me. At first I thought it might be a boat headed for the "ramp" but saw that it was definitely driving on a road. So, there I was, knowing there was just some running water across the road.

I figured, heck, if they can do it, I can do it. I had been stuck in mud before so I wasn't going to risk that.

I backed up about 100 feet and launched.

First, second, third and SPLASH!!!!!

The engine revved (no wheels on the ground) and I let off the gas and the car immediately died while the water crashed on the windshield.

I tried to start the car and it would just turn over. No fire at all.

The car approaching me had finally slowed down and I saw them coming closer VERY SLOWLY. By the time they got to me I had crawled out of the car and onto the front cowl. I didn't want to stand in the running water but there was water in the car. It was abut at the bottom of the seat. But trying to stay dry, I had climbed out.

My hood wasn't attached to the hinges so I was in the process of removing it when the other car pulled up next to me.

It was my girlfriends dad and his friend. They were laughing hilariously. And laughing more that it was me. They asked what I was doing and I explained that I was drying out the distributor cap cuz I knew that's why it wasn't firing. They told me how full of crap I was but I insisted I knew what I was doing.

While I'm drying out the distributor cap, using the only dry item I could find (my shirt) they were laughing at how they were lost on the other side of the RIVER and didn't know how to get back out until they saw my headlights.

Then they started chuckling while they told the tale of "that idiot on the other side of the river that looked like he was about to do something stupid". They laughed even more telling me how they watched as "that idiot took a run at the water like he had a death wish" and how they saw the headlights disappear under a giant wave that shook their car when it hit.

They said my headlights went out for a second and they thought I had flipped the car and died.

Well, I ended up getting the cap dry and climbed back in the car. I cranked it and it actually fired and went GLUB GLUB GLUB..... until I got the water out of the exhaust and then it roared to life.

I quickly put it in reverse and backed up as far as I could, blind, until I heard them yell STOP!!!!!

It turns out I was about to back over the edge into the ACTUAL river that would have been 20 feet deep.

I ended up following them to where he'd left the camper almost 20 miles away. His buddy decided it was raining WAY too much to bother fishing. I ended up spending the weekend in the camper with my girlfriends mom and sister while he (actually he was a stepdad) tried to fish in a deluge.

Anyhow, as I was driving the car back home I kept losing my fuses. I was putting nickels in the fuse spots to keep the car going and at one point there was a LOT of plastic smoke coming out from behind the dash. I reached under to yank out all the nickels and burned my fingers.

I managed to track down the melting wires and separated them enough to get back to running and managed to drive the car back to my girlfriends house. She had had to stay behind for some tests at her school at the last minute which is how I ended up camping with her family.

And if that wasn't bad enough. I found out later that she was banging a friend of hers that weekend while I was miserable with her family.

I never did replace all the wires. I replaced the ones that didn't have insulation left but that was it. I drove it for almost a year after that.

·
Senior Contributor
1,536 Posts
I hated having to stop for those diggity dang toll booths I would just grab a whole bunch of nickles, dimes, and quarters and blast through the toll booth at 25mph whilst flinging the entire handful of change somewhere in the vicinity of the basket. Some of them actually made it into the basket.

So, Mike, those were my quarters you were picking up. No problem, you don't owe me anything, just pay it forward and throw handfuls of quarters out the window for the next poor guy to pick up.

:lmao:
You can't anymore... There are Toll Camera's Now... If you find Cash on the side of the Road now... You have to turn it into the police
.... That's Stolen Money ... It's the Law :yup: :D

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I can match or top it but not with an Opel.

87 LeBaron
74 Pinto
65 Lincoln

My next Opel Story

Same GT, my first one, circa 1984.

My Girlfriends parents invited me to go on a fishing trip to central Oregon, about 180 miles from home. Problem was they were leaving a lot earlier than I could so I was left, in the dark, to find the camping spot with only directions to go by. One of the directions was to drive past a certain rock outcropping that's not easy to miss in the daylight but impossible to see at night. Basically, while you were driving during the day you'd all of a sudden see a rock penis sprouting from behind a hillside. When I saw it months later, in the daylight, I laughed out loud.

Needless to say, I wasn't sure I had the right place but, being a young man, I was confident I had found the right road.

Add to that, it was raining. It had been raining for well over a week so there was water reflections EVERYWHERE and my headlights, well, sucked balls. I was lucky to see the road most of the time.

Following the directions I saw the road I was supposed to be on. It looked, however, that I was driving down a boat ramp. There was, literal, flowing water right in front of me. I just barely stopped before driving right into it. I was pretty sure there was a road there. I looked around the best I could and couldn't see the road going anywhere else.

There were a few campers back about 200 feet from where I was. I had driven past them to get to the flowing water.

I was about to turn around to find a different road when I saw, off in the distance, headlights turning and coming towards me. At first I thought it might be a boat headed for the "ramp" but saw that it was definitely driving on a road. So, there I was, knowing there was just some running water across the road.

I figured, heck, if they can do it, I can do it. I had been stuck in mud before so I wasn't going to risk that.

I backed up about 100 feet and launched.

First, second, third and SPLASH!!!!!

The engine revved (no wheels on the ground) and I let off the gas and the car immediately died while the water crashed on the windshield.

I tried to start the car and it would just turn over. No fire at all.

The car approaching me had finally slowed down and I saw them coming closer VERY SLOWLY. By the time they got to me I had crawled out of the car and onto the front cowl. I didn't want to stand in the running water but there was water in the car. It was abut at the bottom of the seat. But trying to stay dry, I had climbed out.

My hood wasn't attached to the hinges so I was in the process of removing it when the other car pulled up next to me.

It was my girlfriends dad and his friend. They were laughing hilariously. And laughing more that it was me. They asked what I was doing and I explained that I was drying out the distributor cap cuz I knew that's why it wasn't firing. They told me how full of crap I was but I insisted I knew what I was doing.

While I'm drying out the distributor cap, using the only dry item I could find (my shirt) they were laughing at how they were lost on the other side of the RIVER and didn't know how to get back out until they saw my headlights.

Then they started chuckling while they told the tale of "that idiot on the other side of the river that looked like he was about to do something stupid". They laughed even more telling me how they watched as "that idiot took a run at the water like he had a death wish" and how they saw the headlights disappear under a giant wave that shook their car when it hit.

They said my headlights went out for a second and they thought I had flipped the car and died.

Well, I ended up getting the cap dry and climbed back in the car. I cranked it and it actually fired and went GLUB GLUB GLUB..... until I got the water out of the exhaust and then it roared to life.

I quickly put it in reverse and backed up as far as I could, blind, until I heard them yell STOP!!!!!

It turns out I was about to back over the edge into the ACTUAL river that would have been 20 feet deep.

I ended up following them to where he'd left the camper almost 20 miles away. His buddy decided it was raining WAY too much to bother fishing. I ended up spending the weekend in the camper with my girlfriends mom and sister while he (actually he was a stepdad) tried to fish in a deluge.

Anyhow, as I was driving the car back home I kept losing my fuses. I was putting nickels in the fuse spots to keep the car going and at one point there was a LOT of plastic smoke coming out from behind the dash. I reached under to yank out all the nickels and burned my fingers.

I managed to track down the melting wires and separated them enough to get back to running and managed to drive the car back to my girlfriends house. She had had to stay behind for some tests at her school at the last minute which is how I ended up camping with her family.

And if that wasn't bad enough. I found out later that she was banging a friend of hers that weekend while I was miserable with her family.

I never did replace all the wires. I replaced the ones that didn't have insulation left but that was it. I drove it for almost a year after that.
holy schnitt that's some funny stuff. Talk about a schnitty weekend :lmao::lmao:
I did the same thing with my mazda b2000 and it was lowered way low
tow truck guy thought it so funny he let my wife pull my truck out:lmao:
Now I check with a stick or something before I attempt crap like that:yup:

·
RunOpel
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Holy Moses you all are to much. Those are some amazing unbelievable moments to say the least :lmao:

Talk about some funny laughable times :haha: I couldn't help but laugh out loud more than once. Sure glad you all survived :yup:

This thread is way more than I expected and I know there are some of you holding out with your own unbelievable moments.

This thread has potential for a very unique and comical feature story about the life of an Opel and its owner :banana:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

And if that wasn't bad enough. I found out later that she was banging a friend of hers that weekend while I was miserable with her family. :bs2:

Well that really sucked. (won't say it),:bs2: and you had to hang out with her family? Hope she had a sister. Sounds like some of my Dates. :lmao: Jarrell

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
My story started in a Bar a long time ago. I had parked my bike for the weekend. A little too nippley for the girls riding with me. So I'm wandering around, and I hear some female holler "Hey you" Ok I'll bite, cute looking blonde too, So of course I ease over there, and hear "What are you doing?". "Nothing, but doing it with you" Ok now, no clue as to where, or what we were going to do, but I had a knockout blonde to hang off my arm, wherever we ended up. Go outside, start backing my beloved Manta out of it's parking place and Wham, right in the right rear. Grabbed 357, and out the door I go. Crap, it was the Blonde. Well, Dam. Looked at it and it wasn't bad, but I cussed and bitched like it was. Drop my car off at my house and we take her VW Beetle. Smokes kinda heavy in the car, Jams are loud, listening to the Stones and I tell her to check her tape deck out. (Most of us remember 8 Tracks). Why? "It's on fire" well she'd put her cigarette on the tape and it burned down until it hit the tape and started skipping. Well got that put out, and got to the "Club". Black Horse Cellar in Danville Va. Sat there a while and the blonde turns to me and asks "What do you want to do? (Don't ask an old horn dog that one), so I pop up and say "Make **** to you" No need to beat around the bush, right?. She turned red as a beet and a little while later we leave. So we go back to my house, and I bend in the window, kiss her cheek, and go in and pop a beer. She sat there for 10 min, before she left. I laughed my butt off as I had hook, line and sinker in. See her 2 days later and it's a done deal. Well to end this story on a happy note, That knockout blonde is my wife, she rode my bike with me, she moved in with me, bringing a Piranha, (another story), that was 42 years ago. Have 1 son, Jordan, and I still have my Manta. Merry Christmas all, Jarrell

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,498 Posts
The day I crashed into the police station......

I was 21 and living and working as a craps dealer in Atlantic City during the early days of the casinos, early 80's. On one of the main north/south roads through town there were a few crappy signs put up by the casinos themselves telling you to turn right on a particular side street to get to a specific casino. There was a ratty Resorts(the first casino) sign near my apartment, so one day I got some tools and went and stole it. My apartment had a long, bending, hallway and it looked great hanging on the wall. I've always had a "collector's" mentality and if I acquire one of something, I have to collect them all. Right about that time the town started putting up really nice signs with a unique color and logo of each casino. Needless to say, I had to have one of each. There were 11 casinos by that point.

In the trunk of my '74 Firebird(this ain't an Opel story), I carried a full crime wave kit of tools to defy the city's efforts at keeping those signs aloft, instead of on my apartment walls. They started getting wise to the realization that someone was stealing their signs and they progressively used harder and harder to remove one-way bolts, round nuts, rivets, etc. I added tools as necessary: vice grips, hack saws, chisels, a hand crank drill, bolt cutters, etc., plus 2-3 milk crates to stack up and stand on 'cuz they kept mounting them higher and higher. Over the course of a year or so I managed to get one of each sign.

But my original Resorts sign was ratty with peeling letters and it didn't match the spiffy high quality new ones. I gotta "collect" the latest version! Resorts was in the bad part of town that was riddled with crime, so snatching a new sign should have been easy as pie. I was, after all, going to be amongst my fellow criminals, so pretty unlikely that anyone would raise a fuss.

One night, dressed in black(people living at the beach wear bright fruity colors, plus it was the 80's, so all black attire was unusual), I started heading north on the one-way road that had all those signs. I passed by one empty pole after another that stood as monuments to my past crimes. I was playing the timed lights on that road, maintaining a steady speed that allowed me to cross each intersection just as the light turned green. Everything was cool until my car met the guy who was playing the lights of a side street and going through them just before they turned red. I'm cruising along, suddenly a white flash on my left, WHAM!, a stone building in front of me, then an even bigger WHAM! I woke up to steam everywhere, my hood blocking my windshield, and my 6cyl engine sitting where my passenger seat used to be. I climb out of the car and almost trip over my driver's side front wheel which was now under my driver's seat. I looked around and there were about 30 black-garbed police officers everywhere.

I had crashed into the granite 6-story tall Atlantic City police and municipal building. The cops' lunch room was on the other side of the 2-foot thick granite wall I hit. They sent me to the medical center and I got a stitch above one eye and they discharged me shortly thereafter at about 1am. I took a shuttle bus home but realized I didn't have my keys. They were still in the ignition of my car. It was a cold November and I had to sleep on the front porch freezing and stiffening up from crash bumps and bruises until my landlord woke up.

A few months after that I got my first $100 GT(NOW it's an Opel story).

:veryhappy

·
RunOpel
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Cool stories Jarrell and Gordo :yup: Wow 42 years, that is something to be said, congratulations :veryhappy

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
No doubt these days that's bragging right's
we're going on huummm oh schnitt here's where I get in trouble
I think 24 yrs
which is crazy to think given I couldn't stand to look at myself that long
One very patient wife I must have Bless her heart :yup:

·
RunOpel
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
That's awesome Terry :yup:
Time slips by so fast, we just have to enjoy every moment :yup:

·
RunOpel
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Okay all I thought I would revive this thread for one more push for anyone with an unbelievable moment ?

I’m sure there are many more with some incredible unbelievable moments.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts