Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started and finished my wiring harness all in one day. Got it repaired, taped up, and put back in the car, laying the wires to their needed locations..took about 6 hours total. Here is my plan for what to do:

---Work on putting in headlight mechanisms, dashboard, gastank ect. while I wait a couple days till I get an Engine Hoist.

---Get Engine in, fuel lines hooked up, steering/ignition, and get engine running again.

---Car sent down for headliner

---Start putting back in interior and such

---Lights and Finishing touches.

Would anyone else go any other way? Any tips for anything? Also.. I am still missing a few parts. They are: All the chrome Trim for the pop out windows, All the chrome trim for around the door windows, Possibly a decent shaped dash? where mine screws in at, its all rotted, and maybe a set of the chrome stripping that goes on the rockers in decent shape -- at least not too dented.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Jon, you can get a new appearing dash, totally rebuilt, from JustDashes, but they are not cheap. Check out the Willit? Update thread, I have pics of mine from them and the price is in there too. Now I will say it is easier to remove and reinstall the dash with the front window out, but that's another project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts