Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
a single side-draft weber is about all i can say. wouldnt mind having that car tho, if they put a side-draft on it, makes you wonder whatelse it's got.

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
That is indeed a single side draft. If anyone here buys the car and doesn't want that set-up, Please give me a call, I'd be interested.
Gene

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
Not sure about Carb, but that intake is worth a small fortune. Probably for what the car will end up going for alone. I have seen this single side draft setup go for the $500 range or more..

Charles

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Carb ID

jlthunder said:
Here is a new challange;

Can anyone ID the Carb on this GT?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=4534868372&category=6144&sspagename=WDVW

Jeff
It's a Weber 40DCOE on a Steinmetz SSD manifold, the best one, IMO! Like Charles said, VERY RARE and hence, expensive! Astounding performance.

I own one of these manifolds, much ported, but with a Dell'Orto DHLA48! No better single two-barrel set-up than a SSD . . . direct shot at the valves, very even cylinder-to-cylinder mixture distribution. :eek:

Attachments

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
How do you know it's not a DCOM?

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Steinmetz SSD packages

nobody said:
How do you know it's not a DCOM?
Steinmetz manifolds were originally sold with either a 40DCOE or DHLA40 carb, before DCOMs became available. Got that from old German tuner catalogs.

·
Opeler
43 Posts
I will let you know exactly how the Steinmetz and the Side Draft Weber perform as soon as I get her going again. She is on a trailer out of Denver headed to my garage. Thanks for all the info the carb and manifold. I hope you guys don't mind if I come to you for advice down the line. I want to do this little '70 up right.

gtmax

Max

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Max,
Great to hear that it fired up!! How did you do it? Do you have some photos?

·
Opeler
43 Posts
Rick,

Thanks alot! I knew the timing was completely out of wack so took the short cut by having my bride-to-be crank on the starter button while I found the sweet spot by turning the distributer. A few coughs and sputters and than blam she took off like she really wanted out of that garage. Really cool! And now my fiance is all pumped because se was the first one to start it. I have to borrow the digital from work and I will get some pictures this weekend of the cold air intake . I want to get you guys opinion on the intakes...they are kind of odd to say the least

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It is great that you had her start it up (Now she has Opelitest)!! She will now understand why you like the GT so much :D

·
Opeler
43 Posts
Yes, she is excited now, but the last thing she said to me before I left for work was " Can we ditch the Limo idea and drive the Opel from the church to the reception?" Great!! Now I have got a deadline to get the Opel finished.

Can you fit a wedding dress and an Eight Foot train into an Opel? :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts