Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does gas cost more the closer you get to the refineries?
Elko, NV and Bakersfield,CA (far from the refineries): cheap.
The Bay Area (San Francisco) where all the refineries are: mucho dinero.

Floridaland is hanging around $1.85 per

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Here inSANe DIEGO, it's over $2.20 and climbing. Just reported on the news last night, we have the highest prices in the nation. Part of the price to pay for living in "America's Finest City" :rolleyes:

Ron

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
399 Posts
Psychology. The folks that at the oil industry believe the price should be higher to help maintain profits. They don't mind paying what maybe an inflated price for this. And certainly don't mind you paying either.

They also are very strong on brand loyalty. Just try asking one of them about using gas from your local discount gas pumps or the other brand, be prepared for a long sales talk.

Gas price in Norman OK, $1.59 at the name brand gas station where I buy my gas with my gas credit card.

http://www.oklahomacitygasprices.com/

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
come to the good old ununited kingdom of great ripoff
we are now @$6. 05 yes $6.05 / gal and we have to go get it our self you dont even get it deliverd in a gold can for that
still the only thing that cheers me up is that bush has just found out that you can hike the tax on gas and say its to limit damage to the enviroment by reducing fuel usage so it will come to the US next turm if he gets in hehehe:)

·
Super Moderator
13,812 Posts
About $2.00 a gallon for 93 octane here in CT. More near the highway exits, about $2.10 per gallon.

Still a bargain compared to most European countries, so who am I to complain?

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Prices in the Washington, DC metro area around $1.95 - $2.10.
Yes Europe is higher ($6.05) but we are consuming more by volume.

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
we have te cheapest refind price in western europe but we pay something like 81% tax on a gallon only good thing is that we only get 95 and 97 octane so we can run higher compression ratios
but $4.90 tax/ gal is just too much no mater what vol you use

·
1000 Post Club
4,116 Posts
About 1.72 for regular and 1.97 for 93 octane in eastern PA.

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Here in Jawja, were gas (in more forms than one:D ) is the cheapest $1.56, as of this morning

·
802 Posts
Indiana

:mad: I paid 176.9 yesterday here in Indiana,north central part, Look out they say it is going higher,OUCH, Hope not like UK. WOW,

·
Registered
29 Posts
up here in canada im payin a good ol 81 cents a litre, i dunno what that is in gallons but, eh, 81 cents sounds a lot better then 6.05.

·
179 Posts
In Colorado Springs you can get 85 octane for $1.66. Goes up to $1.89 - @2.00 for 95 octane. A gas station had it for $0.91 last week for a radio station promotion. They said some people were waiting >2 hours.

My Dodge Challenger barely gets double digit gas mileage... needless to say that isn't being driven much. You can practically see the dollar bills flying out the exhaust pipe. The rice burners behind me are running on my fumes.

opeldude... if memory serves me - 1 liter = 1.0556 quarts... so you're paying $3.07 per gallon. If you were quoting Canadian dollars then it is just barely better than what overseas is paying.

Anyway you look at it - it hurts.

·
Opel Addicts
2,472 Posts
Ohio

Regular was $1.68 a gallon this morning.

Vickie

1 - 20 of 90 Posts