Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts

Jennifer 44. No kids, 2 dogs, 2 chameleons. Boyfriend has kids that are grown and a granddaughter
Veterinarian and Practice Owner. Former women Pro BMX racer in my younger days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
Who did you race for? Just curious as I always liked the freestyle line of GT.
Over the years a couple different. MCS, Gear Racewear

Found these the other day. Blast from the past

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Howdy from Kansas

I haven't "talked" to anyone on this site yet but I've been following it for over a year now. I acquired my GT this past May 2013, and have spent the year rebuilding everything.
I work for FlightSafety, International here in Wichita, KS and teach the Hawker/Beechjet.
In the 70's I worked for an Opel Service as a tech and eventually as manager before starting my own auto business in 1980. All of that occurred in the valley of the sun, Arizona. Sold my auto business/ corp in '88 and retired to flying.
My Opel GT is pretty much rust free and was bought new here in wichita in 1970. I bought it from the original owner.

Attachments

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thank you for the introduction, congrats on the nice car. I have 2 questions.

whats your name?

and What are the heart dice looking things in second pic?

·
Opel Key Master
5,131 Posts

whats your name?

It's a gamer thing if I recall, I thought it was part with minecraft, but know its a computer game or something of that nature. They call him Bruce...he has bought some odd and ends from me for his GT.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had all of you pictured so different

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Frozen ,
Very interesting thread my friend. Well done.:)

·
Opeler
251 Posts
Hi from Ste. Agnes, Quebec, Canada...Eh?

My name is Gerry. I'm a retired teacher. I got my first Opel Gt in 1972 which unfortunately burnt due to a short in a block heater. I really loved that yellow car so when I retired I hunted out another yellow GT to restore. That car takes me back to the 70's. I've always been a competitive runner. Hence runs5k. When I turned 60 I trained like a fool and showed up at the Canadian National Cross Country Championships and won the 60 to 64 category by over a minute.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
My name is Jim. I'm about to be a retired locomotive engineer. I like cars, all kinds of cars. Currently I have a RX7 which I occasionally take to the strip but is mainly just a town car. Runs 11's on a good day tho. I also have a '95 M3 which I recently installed a whipple charger on, nice ride.

My work car is a '90 Olds, working down by the rr tracks is not the best place to be taking a nice car, and I also have a '13 f150 screw to haul all of this stuff around. And also, but not least by any means, is my '69 Kadett.

Me and a couple of my 4 sons and my red Jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh, I found another pic. Most people crawl the stair step rock garden but I found a different way. Not the smartest way to do things but when I hit the gas I didn't let up. Yep, tore the exhaust off and the spare tire mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts

whats your name?

They call me Bruce, cuz that's my name. Those dicey things are from a game. The game is called "Portal" and this is a WCC or Weighted Companion Cube from the game. I am also a woodworker and a friend introduced me to the game a couple of years ago. He had tried to make a WCC out of different stuff but was unsuccessful so as a birthday surprise, I made him one. It measures 5" x 5" x 5". Weighs about two pounds and is made of maple and oak.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,505 Posts
I had all of you pictured so different
That can have so many meanings on this forum.. :)

Back in the 90s before the internet, many would go to a meet, and look for the "OLD GUY" that ran the car club.. or the "OLD GUY" that ran C&R or Opels Unlimited or Opel GT Source.. Funny thing was.. we were all in our 20s for the most part then.

Now 20 years later.. we still aren't OLD.. :)

Although my Back will disagree with that comment once and a while..

·
1,732 Posts
This would be a somewhat recent picture of myself and wife Connie. We have been hitched about 34 years now and started dating three years before that in my 73 Opel GT. I am also one of the fans of flight. Got my ticket in the early eighty's and logged about 160 hrs before I figured out I could not afford to fly enough hrs per month to stay safe. Would love to have a P40 to play with.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Goinmanta I feel pretty damn old some days.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,505 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have to say I really love this Forum. I started restoring my first car when I was 16. a candy apple red convertible 66 Mustang. I didn't have anywhere to go for advice. Except drive down to the local library or 20 miles away to the mustang store to buy parts and get information. I have learned a lot from this forum. And I really love the fact that if I get stumped with something I can just pick up my phone and search for the answer or send out a thread and within minutes somebody is giving me the answer and it makes me very happy.
My boyfriend is constantly saying are you talking to those car guys again. I think he's jealous.
By the way I sold the 66 Mustang When I was 20 for college tuition.
I had gotten a job at 16 at a shell gas station and was allowed to use their tools to work on my car and learn. Bought it for 500 when I was 14 with no engine and sold it for 7500 when I was 20 for college tuition. However I probably put more than that into it. Seems like my entire paycheck from the gas station went into that car. At least that's what my mother always bitched about.
Good times.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 110 Posts