Opel GT Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have never seen this thread.

Don't have a pic of my mug handy, but here is a pic of me enjoying my favorite hobby in the 70's. Not my 70's (I am not quite there yet) but the actual 1970's. You know the one, they made a show about it.
stupid3.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
The only pictures I have are post operations. Oh well, you asked for it. I look better than that , but it was a few days after the operation. My eyes were almost swollen shut, but at least I am alive. I"m sure I can find something normal, I will be the second picture, it was a Hawaiian vacation. I just looked at my post an I got the Hawaiian Vacation first and the swollen eyes second. Good God I think I should get rid of the one with the swollen eyes.

Bob
IMG_0009.JPG
head Shot.jpg
IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Recent ones of myself @ 39

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Registered
439 Posts
Greetings All, - Just saw this post this morning for the first time and had to jump in. My name is Carl pictured with wife, Susan on our way back from a trip in Mexico when the Coronavirus began - left there 10 days early because of it. I have 2 grown daughters completely off the payroll. This year 68 years young as of 11/17 been retired for 6 years and it has been great, lots of time to finish the GT. My career over the years was for a number of fortune 500 companies in realestate and store development finding the sites and builting the stores. That job, jobs took me to every state but N. Dakota. Have owned the Opel GT since 1972. Second picture was last year birthday celebration with friends.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Carl, wondered what you looked like, really good, but your wife is better looking than you. Not that my wife is better looking than me

Bob

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I'm Jeff.
I travel all over for the Company I work for doing Commercial Flooring.
I don't do the installs much any longer as I'm an over paid Baby Sitter for other Crews now.
This is me a few weeks ago with my new RainStorm .30 Air Rifle. My other money eating hobby!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Here is a very recent pic.

Had my right shoulder joint replaced on Tuesday. Had the left one done last January. They wheeled me back to surgery at 3:30 pm.

Sherri was not allowed in the hospital because of covid concerns, so I flew solo.

Did not even go to a room after surgery. Went from surgery to post op to Sherri's car, and was home by 8:20 pm.

Here I am less than 44 hours after surgery. Some of the family was already headed this way for Thanksgiving dinner, but about 1/2 our normal crowd. I put the sling on for protection, and donned a mask (at the bequest of my daughter who is in health care) when close to others.

Getting ready to turn 68. Yes, that is my natural hair color. I don't dye it.

Feeling pretty good and pretty lucky. Isn't modern medicine marvelous? I can't believe they can saw the ends off of two bones, drill and ream out the bone and hammer in new ball and socket; then have me home in less than five hours.
44hours.postop.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Lynn B: sounds like you are a lot like me when it comes to medical miracles. i had the deep brain stimulator put in. The first operation got infected, but the second operation went smooth and was successful. I think there is a picture of me a couple days after my surgery. My eyes were almost shut because it one of the side effects. Got home and everything is just as I left it. You are right, I usually don't ca;; them doctors, they are miracle workers. I feel great and no more tremors. I finally get to work on my GT, with no tremors, it's easy and it's fun. Hope your shoulder gets well, I know that the pain is subsiding more each day.

Bob

101 - 110 of 110 Posts