Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this look right for wheel bolt patterns that may cross over???

4 on 100mm (3.93)
Acura - Integra to '89
Audi - most models to '89
Audi Fox
BMW 1600, 2002
BMW - 2002, 300-series to '89
Chevy - Chevette '76-'87
- Spectrum, Nova '80-'89
Dodge - Omni, Rampage, Aries, 024 '79-'85
- Charger, Daytona (FWD) '82-'89
Honda - all (except '76-'80 Accord, Civic) to '89
Isuzu - Impulse, I-Mark to '89
Nissan - Pulsar, Sentra '87-'89
Opel Kadett
Plymouth - Horizon, TC3, Reliant, Voyager '78-'89
Renault - all to '89
Toyota - Celica, MR2, Tercel '86-'89
VW - Dasher, Fox, Jetta, Rabbit, Scirocco to '89

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
BMW Wheels

There are couple of sets of wheels on Ebay that fit BMW 2002 and 320. Might want to continually check Ebay for these listings.

Paul

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was thumbing through the new Summit racing catalog today, and they have got some nice looking wheels listed in the back for the rice burners with some prices that aren't too bad either. I think they were Montegi wheels. They say that they are available in the 4X100 bolt pattern (and others) and come in 15", 16", 17", and 18" diameters. The 15X6.5 wheels were listed at $104 each, which beats the $300-$600 range for the exotic 3 piece jobs and these look just about like the expensive wheels. You can even choose between finishes like chrome, painted, ect. I can't remember what a GT offset is, but I believe these wheels were listed as 35mm and 40mm, so this might be a problem if the GT is not close to this. That was about the only thing I saw as a potential problem, but I'm sure others on here will know if these offsets would work or not on a GT. Just thought I would pass that along to everyone since this wheel topic came up. Might be worth checking into if anyone is looking for some new wheels for their GT. I guess there are some good things coming from the rice burner's popularity after all......

John:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
It seems like we'd be shooting for no more than a 20mm offset in a 15" wheel if memory serves... though I could be off on that. I'm fairly certain that 35mm would be too much.

I have been out of the wheel/tire business for a LONG time now (I used to work for Super Shops before they went belly-up due to gross mis-management), but Centerline used to offer their entire Billet Wheel line on a pretty much as needed basis. They were very flexible in offsets (offered several standards) and had excellent coverage in applications/bolt patterns. And the price wasn't terrible... of course that WAS about 10 years ago.

·
Opeler
94 Posts
Konigs

Howdy one and all. I've posted this before but it might save you some time. Konig has one that will fit. It is called the Imagine I know it comes in a 15x7 with a 4x100mm bolt pattern. There are two different offsets but one comes in a 20mm!!!! This is VERY hard to find. Ibelieve it comes in an Opal (no kidding!) finish as well as chrome. The Opal finish I think is about $150.00 per wheel.

Not sure on the weight though.

Good luck:)

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
Backspace Backspace Backspace!!!

Just considering the wheel diameter and it's offset is NOT enough information to determine if the wheel will fit. If you rely on this you may run into trouble. Please also remember that the right offset for one wheel width will differ from the right offset for another wheel width.

-Travis

·
Opeler
94 Posts
Backspace info

O.k. good point. Here is the information I found on the Konig's I mentioned above regarding backspace. The guy at Discout Tires
1-800-385-3322 told me that it was 4 3/4" backspace. They weigh 17 lbs per wheel. Hope this helps.

·
GT Owner
392 Posts
I ordered a pair of 15" x 7.5" wheels with a 9mm offset for the front and a pair with a 25mm offset for the rear of my GT. This will make the front and rear track basically the same. The wheels will look the same from the outside rim but the 9mm offset wheel will have a pad built into the back of the face that is 16mm thicker than the 25mm offset wheel. The lug nuts will be longer for the 9mm offset wheel. Backspacing for the rear wheel will be 5.2" and 4.56" for the front. The inner fender lips will be rolled to help prevent the sidewalls from being cut. I am currently planning to lower the front of the GT roughly 2" using Legere shackle design and the rear lowered 1.25" using Lenk springs but this may be changed. Tire rotation will be limited with these wheels.

These wheels were found at www.ronalusa.com . Cost under $200 per wheel with caps and lug nuts.

·
GT Owner
392 Posts
Wheel Report Update

Those wheels from ronal are now resting comfortably on a GT (not lowered yet) with 205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza SO3 Pole Position. The tires were $117 each plus $30 for shipping from tirerack.com. The different offsets worked out very well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
a little off topic but who here has used 17" rims. I know a 215/40 R17 would be pretty close to the stock wheel size. Is 215 to wide of a tread to fit in a stock gt without flairs? And if 215 is to large, what size did you use to fit the huge 17 rim in their? Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
13,844 Posts
kmon said:
Is 215 to wide of a tread to fit in a stock gt without flairs?
Depends on the wheel offset. Should fit however, I've put bigger tires on a GT before.

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
Where in the Opel GT Source catalog can you find all the wheel specs for flares and stock bodies? I have catalog and must have overlooked it.

Also, I sent an e-mail to JD Wheels asking if they had a "15x7 inch rim with 4x100 bolt pattern and +20 offset" (I got the dimensions by poking around the wheels section on this site)

The reply was along the lines of "yes, we have the ROH snypers in 15x7, 4x100, +15 offset" (perfect example of sales staff not paying attention to what you are trying to tell them)

Does anyone have any comments on a +15 offset? Is it better/worse for handling/clearance/appearance? I would like to avoid modifying the outside fender lip.

My interpretation is that a +15 will move the rim closer the fender lip and probably rub. How far off am I?

Should I forget even thinking about a +15 offset and keep looking for a +20 offset.

any insight is appreciated.

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
35 series tires?!?!

Is there going to be enough rubber on those wheels to put air in?

J/K, I love the look of a well fit low profile tire. They just don't work in my pothole ridden neck of the woods that well.

Thanks for the info, I have much more confidence in knowing what will fit and what won't.

·
Opeler
36 Posts
This link might be of interest to you guys;
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I ordered the Steinmetz kit this week, and have been trying to figure out tires and wheels myself. I really like the look of the ATS Cup wheels that are listed on Lenk Tuning's site. They seem to be the same wheels that Rudolf Nevi has on his GT.
http://home.tiscali.be/rudolphnevi/copy GT/Opel-GT/

I may just end up waiting until the flare kit is on the car before shopping though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Does anyone have any comments on a +15 offset? Is it better/worse for handling/clearance/appearance? I would like to avoid modifying the outside fender lip.

My interpretation is that a +15 will move the rim closer the fender lip and probably rub. How far off am I?

Should I forget even thinking about a +15 offset and keep looking for a +20 offset.

any insight is appreciated. [/B]

I just rediscovered a wonderful article: http://www.opelclub.com/public/blitz/articles/wheels.pdf

It has a lot of good information, and according to it says that for rim that is 7" wide you should look for an offset between 15-20. So, that +15 should be okay for you, does anyone have any comments and what this would to the handeling if anything? Basicly your moving the centerline of tire closer to the car, any snippets of experiance here? According to the article you could also look at putting a 8" wheel if you could a find an offset of +12 or less...I havent been able to find anything...anyone have any suggestions?

As for tire's a couple I've been playing around with, I like a 205 tread, unless I can find a rim with a smaller offset and same bolt pattern:

205/30 19 Crazy 2.4in sidewall!!, cant seem anyone who makes this size

205/35 18 (2.8in sidewall) there are a few compaines out that make these...i like Pirelli's P7000 Tires and Yokohama's Parada Tires. A full set of tires and rims can be had for under $1500, if you shop around you might be able to pick everything up for $1000.

205/40 17 a bunch of tires out there, though 205/35 17's are more common the 40 sidewalls come much closer to stock.

Any way you look at it there are a lot of possibilties. I personally dont like the looks of flairs of the gt and will avoid them if at all possible. Racing hearts are still some of favorite rims, mainly beacuse their incredible light weight. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wheel offset on a GT

About the offset wheel idea. I was once told
that the rack on these OpelGTs were sensitive to
anything but zero offset. That was the factory offset I thought. I think you will experience shaking at various speeds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts