Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought someone here might want to look @ these. It appears to be a good deal thusfar.

Wheels

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Wheels

Hey, those are right here in Atlanta, cool! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,883 Posts
They might work on your SportWagon Gene, but with a 32 mm offset and an 8 inch wide rim, I doubt they would fit a GT. JM2CW

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
wheels

I was merely commenting on the fact that most times when you look on Ebay the seller is anywhere else, but where YOU are, and to see "Atlanta" was a surprize. I have no need for these wheels as I have an extra set of wheels for each car, besides the ones that are already on it! :)

·
137 Posts
1983 BMW 320i wheels

Anyone know what the rim width and offset is on wheels from 1983 BMW 320i (e-bay Item number: 2476982095). I asked but the owner doesn't know and since tires are mounted on the wheels he could only guess at the rim width ... his guess was 5inches but I believe they are wider. I intend them for a Manta -- 1975

Thanks ...

Ken

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
For info on BMW wheels check out the following site...

http://www.2002parts.com/html/4-lug_wheels.html

These sure look like the Alpina 13s shown on the BMW site. Would be worth a shot. Ask the seller to look closely at the numbers cast in the wheel in the bolt/lug area or better yet have them take some close up pics..

For My 75 Manta, I bought a set of BBS RZs from a BMW 325is. They are pictured on the above site as well.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Bbs

I have a nice set of 4 BBS RA style wheels I can part with, if anyone is interested. I can post a pic later on tonight.

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Bbs

I have four (4) of these. They are the "RA" 13X5.5, 4X100mm BBS wheels the picture shows the wheel as being dirty, but, they will clean up nicely.

Attachments

·
137 Posts
BBS RA for sale

BQS4, Thanks, nice wheels ... however, I'm looking for 6 inch rims that weigh less than 15lbs.

Does anyone know if there are any issues with the "Chromadora" wheel (rim 6 inches and 11 lbs ... ET unk) fitting on a Manta.

Thanks

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
SVOpel,

6" wide wheels and less than 15 lbs... Sounds like the Wheels (Alpina 13 x 6-1/2 ET 6) on Ebay suit your needs if the offset works for you. Looks like the only fitment issue is if you have room for each wheel/tire to stick out towards the fender lip by an additional 1-1/4". You would be increasing track width significantly which would improve handling. Other changes like scrub radius and bearing load I can't comment. Maybe RallyBob has an opinion?
Paul

·
137 Posts
Thanks, Paul ...

The Alpina sounds like what I'm looking for, but if it's 6.5 inches wide, I can't use it ... rules limit rim size to 6 inches.

·
587 Posts
Ken,

I got a set of those wheels for Ron M. last year at a PYP yard. I wrote the #'s down before I gave them to him. They were also off an 83 BMW 320i. They were stamped 1 118 306 5 1/2 J - 13H2B FAH ET 18

So if they are the same wheels, they are only 5 1/2" and would be in the specs you need.

~ Tom

·
137 Posts
Thanks Tom ...

I gave the seller information where on the wheel to find the "stamp" that shows rim width, ET, etc. I'm waiting for him to get back to me.

Ken

·
PrOpeller
707 Posts
svopel said:
Does anyone know if there are any issues with the "Chromadora" wheel (rim 6 inches and 11 lbs ... ET unk) fitting on a Manta.
The Cromodoras will not fit because their center hub diameter is too small for the Opel hub. I suppose the hole could be machined larger but that might affect structural integrity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts