Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is any one familiar with these rims? Will they fit my GT?
4 13 inch 4x100 bolt pattern bbs style enkei wheels Item number: Ebay item 7920195247

Moderators Note: Inserted Photo

·
Super Moderator
9,755 Posts
wheels

Tom;
these will bolt on, but, I wouldn't vouch for the clearance as those are for front wheel drive cars.

·
Super Moderator
5,947 Posts
I moved this post to the "Wheels and Tires" forum, and added a photo to Tom's original post.
Ask the vendor what the offset is; there should be a marking on the wheel, something like "ET38" (1.5 inches, typical of FWD wheels). Which isn't quite ideal, since the stock GT rim has an offset of 25 mm (one inch). Also ask what the rim width is; similarly, it should be marked, something like 5 1/2 JX13. So it would be a 5 1/2 inch wide rim (and will measure about 6 inches wide from the outer lips, since the "lip" isn't measured in the wheel width), compared to the stock GT rim of 5 inches.
Where this is all leading to is the "back space" dimension. You want a maximum of 4 inches of backspace (not including the lip). If the dimensions are as I have guessed above, the rims will have a back space of 5.5/2 plus 1.5 equals 4 1/4 inches. Not too bad, and they will probably fit without interference (depending on the tire size you chose and such). If the offset is more (like 42 mm), they might hit the rear panhard rod mount, or a tie rod end. Ideally the offset would be 30 mm or less, and even less again if they are 6 inch rims (you would want a maximum 25 mm, or one inch offset).

HTH

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The rims didn't sell dispite my repeated requests for additional info. How ever the re-posing has this additional info - "On the back of the wheels it has 5 1/2-JJx13 NT-785." If I understand correctly, it should have a back spacing of a maximum of 5 1/2 + 1/2 = 6 inches. Is the offset the 785 number?? Running with 165 x 13 tires - then this should not work -right? I read John Seamans article and now am more confused than ever. Help!!! :confused:

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Width

5 1/2 - JJ X 13 lets us know the rim bead width is 5 1/2" with a "J" style bead area (where the tyres seat) on each side and are 13" diameter.
The NT-785 may be a cast number or part number but it does not designate 'offset' as far as I know.

With a total rim width of only 5 1/2" plus the lips (at say 1/2" each) the total width will not be much more than 6 1/2" therefore the 'back space' (distance from the mounting surface to the edge of the inner lip cannot be much more than 4 or 4 1/2" as the distance from the outside of the wheel to the mounting surface will be a couple of inches minimum.

Get the vendor to measre the 'back space' by putting a straight edge across the rear lip and measuring in to the mounting surface - if that is 4 1/2" or less the wheels should fit a GT without rubbing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts