Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i just wanted to let everyone know that i found a place that will make wheels for the 4 x 100mm bolt pattern. They make steel wheels and aluminum wheels. I wanted jujst plain old black steel wheels, but in 15" x 8" and 15" x 10". I have been looking all over for a place to change my axle pattern for me, but the actual axle flange is not large enough for the bolt pattern i wanted, which was 5 on 4.75, a standard s-10 and camero pattern. with this pattern, there was only a 1/16" from enge of stud to edge of flange....not good. So i made one last effort of looking for wheels. found a place. a custom racing shop in WI. Diamond racing. Hope somone else can use this information too cause i know i was getting aggrivated!!

· Super Moderator
15,247 Posts
Diamond does a nice job for a decent price. I ordered custom wheels for my ATV trailer a couple of years ago since I hate the skinny stock trailer tires available out there. Diamond Racing made me some 13 x 7 steel wheels for about $50 each with my requested custom offset, and they were powdercoated silver. Then I stuck on my 235/50-13 BFG's I had kicking around....racing trailer anyone?

354 Posts
your offset for 15" x 8" on gt front?

[QUOTE='69 GT]...plain old black steel wheels, but in 15" x 8" and 15" x 10"... [/QUOTE]
What backspace did you determine for 8" width (and I assume 50series tire on a GT) on front w/o rubbing lower-rear of front well during turns?

Been considering their 15" SCL series for quite a while (too long a-while, I'm way behind personal schedule :( ). Note: an added benefit for Opel application... Diamond punches their bolt circles lug-centric!

-Dan

· Registered
35 Posts
Hi Guys, I believe my 72 G.T. had Manta wheels on it when I bought it. Is there a difference ? I had them widened to seven inches to the outside and they turned out great. As I said, I'm not sure about this, but someone told me that the manta wheel had a different offset. Can someone here set me streight?

· Super Moderator
15,247 Posts
gsmith said:
but someone told me that the manta wheel had a different offset. Can someone here set me streight?
Yup, the GT backspace is about 4", the Manta backspace is about 4.25".

· Senior Contributor
695 Posts
Yes approximatley an 1 3/4" wider.

· Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
OrangPeEL said:
What backspace did you determine for 8" width (and I assume 50series tire on a GT) on front w/o rubbing lower-rear of front well during turns?

Been considering their 15" SCL series for quite a while (too long a-while, I'm way behind personal schedule :( ). Note: an added benefit for Opel application... Diamond punches their bolt circles lug-centric!

-Dan

For a 15 x 8 inch wheel in the front, you shoudl go with a 12mm offset, BUT, you need to roll the fenders in or your slice the tires.

· Premium Member
1,974 Posts
You may find that you have even have a smaller tire selection in 14" than in 13" and the offset and overall rolling diameter will decide if it will fit on a stock bodied gt.

· Opeler
1,768 Posts
Would wheels like this be "good" for street use, as in strong enough, not too heavy or whatever?
While the "style" isn't all that great, it's better then the super spindley spokey look that seems popular today. Maybe after doing some homework:available tires, offset, backspace, body rub. You can order up a decent set. Prices sure aren't bad.

I'm supposed to go look at a set of Ansen Sprint slot mags that came off a Pinto many moons ago. Bolt pattern is off (4x4.25 I think) and backspace and all that is unknown. They're unilug, have to figure out if that's acceptable with the right lug nuts. Also, he has 2 14" and 2 13", I'm not sure about mixing diameters. Probably not worth the hassle unless he gives them to me..literally.

Wonder what my 15" Devinos with good tires is worth? I'm in no hurry since the Devino's fit and look okay, I can hold out for my dream wheel (which likely doens't exist anymore and if it does, there's probably not any tires for them!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.