Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the brake squeal again.. it only seems to do it when the get warm or hot.. awhile back i put some greese on the back of the pads.. worked.. and not that its in the 80's and i drove it around for about 3 miles.. lots of stops.. the squeal it back!!!.. so where should i apply the caliper greese?

· Super Moderator
8,421 Posts
I'm not sure the grease was intended for our "fixed" calipers. I've used it on "sliding" calipers that have the piston(s) on one side and the whole caliper slides.

More modern designs have a backing plate with some type of compound that is supposed to dampen the vibration that creates the sound. Seems like a lot of these plates have been lost on Opels. The compound that is used on the back of pads can be purchased at most any auto parts store, just describe your problem, and it isn't grease.

HTH,
Harold

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have some caliper grease, that says stops vibrations.. so i put some on so I'll test it out tomorrow.. thanks a million.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.