Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does this go?

:eek: We are putting everything back on the motor and are not sure where this goes... Can anyone help us out?

:confused: I thought it went on the starter but apparently there is a different one for it....

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
it goes from the far flange bolt to the block were the bracket betweenb the tranny and the motor is, i almost forgot that bracket when i put mine back toghter a couple days ago.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Exhaust support bracket . . .

Gary said:
That looks like the support bracket that goes with the '75 "Sprint" exhaust manifold.
It's on my completely stock '69 Kadett, as well . . . is a universal CIH exhaust manifold support bracket. Mounts between the front bellhousing support bracket bolt in right side of engine (slotted end) and exhaust manifold rear outer headpipe mounting bolt (hole end).

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
712 Posts
A couple of pictures to complete the thread. I took this bracket off my GT in the late 90's and could not remember how to reinstall it - came across it the other day and found the above thread and another thread that answered the question: Thanks to those early contributors as it is now back in place..... Just to confirm - laying on your back looking up there are 6 bolts that hold the exhaust pipe flange to the exhaust manifold flange the part of the bracket that has a hole in it goes on the back right bolt, that is the bolt closest to the passenger door and closest to the rear of the car - the fork part of the bracket goes over the bolt holding the bell housing in place. It will not fit any other way on a GT. Removing the heat shield helps a lot to access the bolts.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts