Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where to buy new 32/36?

Where does one buy a new Weber 32/36 DGAV for a manta? Online is fine and just for some reason I do not want to buy used,

·
Senior Contributor
5,050 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
soybean said:
I think there was a discussion a couple of weeks ago about problems with Weber and production.
Yes! Word out of Europe is that Weber, Del Orto AND Solex have ceased carburettor production due to the use of EFI on almost ALL new cars which dried up their primary market. Get a new one while you can!

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
GTJIM said:
Yes! Word out of Europe is that Weber, Del Orto AND Solex have ceased carburettor production due to the use of EFI on almost ALL new cars which dried up their primary market. Get a new one while you can!
I can almost hear 'Taps' being played through a DCOE inlet trumpet right now.... :(

·
7,517 Posts
Maybe... just maybe though they will bring down the prices of out of the box TBI systems. Last I checked a Weber 32/36 look alike TBI was about $1200.

Charles

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all, I thinK i might just end up calling Gil tomorrow and have him send the carb and all the items I would need in one shot.

Maybe a 3-core radiator while I am at it, too!

Too bad he doesn't stock those european Manta front skirts so I can hide the bumber posts.

·
7,517 Posts
If you mean the front spoiler, actually Dennis made a front spoiler mold.

Unless I am mistaken they have them or can get them made if they dont have them in stock.

ACtually now that you mention it, I need to call and check if they have one in stock.. would be nice for my sons car.

Charles

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
The spoiler Dennis made is a nice one piece copy of the old GT/E spoiler.
It will not cover the bumper posts, it sits underneath the indicator housings, and you have to trim it for the 74-75 cars, unless you were to cut the bumper posts off completely...but then a bit of creative plating would tidy the holes up anyway....
Those spoilers finish the front off nicely on the Manta...
HTH, Rob.

Just realised the thread is creeping away from Webers...oops... :)

·
7,517 Posts
Speaking of that..

The funny thing is I had a European reproduciton of the GTE bumper.. it had etched marks on the back of the spoiler to cut out for the 74'75 bumper posts already cast into it..

Makes you wonder if a GT/E was planned for the Manta in the US

Charles

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of the suppliers that I called mentioned that Weber is moving the plant to the United States and should be back up and running in 6 months or so.

Can anyone else verify this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts