Opel GT Forum banner

Where to find classic Radios?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  nbrcrnchr 
#1 ·
Hi there,

where can I find old classic radios for sale? I was trying to find some chrome with no cassette player radio...

Any hints?

Thanks,
Ricardo Diz

#7 ·
johnmay said:
You should find out how many out there remember an 8 track player. I had one hung under the dash on my 73 GT back in around 74. Worked great!
Oh yes, I remember those very well. Initially invented and made by the Lear Corp, the jet airplane folks. They worked, but were wierd in how they worked, the tape was in a single spool, it was drawn out from the center over a bar and into the playback head, and then taken up on the outside of the spool. A real pain if they ever came undone. And yes, I have rewound a few. :rolleyes:

Ron

#9 ·
Dave, that would be the AKAI tape deck that came out in the mid 60s. I wanted one as soon as I saw it, but never had the bucks back then to get one. A wife and 4 daughters put a crimp on extraenious spending for an E-4 back then. The next choice of tape decks was the Sony 500, reel to reel, with real actual stereo sound, but again to expensive for me then. Ahh the memories just keep on coming. :eek:

Ron

#10 · (Edited)
secret audio

Take a look around this site, they have some neat options, particularly the "secret audio" one:

http://www.customautosound.com/

They also have some very inexpensive speaker "pods" that wol be perfect for mounting a pair of speakers in the kick panels of the GT, or some interesting dual coil speaker options for you Manta or Kadett guys to get stereo out of the single speaker location in the dash. Take a look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.