Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing new brake tubing lines on a half-finished project I bought, but can't seem to find good information on where to route them. I want to make sure I don't interfere with anything in the suspension or transmission tunnel areas. Does anyone have a simple sketch or diagram to help ? Also, I want to make sure I don't mount them in places that would be in the way of future anti-roll bars (front and/or rear), should I decide to put those in later. Details about the location of the single rear hose, tee and cross-tubing on the rear axle would also be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
New brake tubing lines

Wondering why no one replied to this post. I'm in the same situation and I'm looking for info on how to correctly run the front brake lines.
If anyone has a good photo of how they should be that would help.
I looked at a lot of Pic's in the Garage with no success.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,611 Posts
Here's a pic of my GTX after it got painted. I stupidly left the MC and brake lines on. You can see them painted red. All 3 lines exit a hole at the lower driver's side of the radiator wall, the passenger side front one turns right and travels under the lip at the bottom of the radiator "window" and then snakes it's way to the passenger wheel well. The driver's side one roughly parallels the one going to the rear after it comes out of the hole and snakes it's way to the driver's side foot well:

IMG_4993.JPG

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here's a pic of my GTX after it got painted. I stupidly left the MC and brake lines on. You can see them painted red. All 3 lines exit a hole at the lower driver's side of the radiator wall, the passenger side front one turns right and travels under the lip at the bottom of the radiator "window" and then snakes it's way to the passenger wheel well. The driver's side one roughly parallels the one going to the rear after it comes out of the hole and snakes it's way to the driver's side foot well:

View attachment 233809
Thanks,
The PO had the Passenger line messed up. Not even close to this.

·
Registered
184 Posts

View attachment 233809
Wow Gordo, you even painted the VIN tag? Or is it taped over?

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,611 Posts
With a car as customised as mine, VIN badges and such are pretty meaningless. So much so, that I've removed the plate and covered the whole wiper and plate area with stainless:

·
Senior Contributor
5,005 Posts
Try these.

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
5,005 Posts
That looks good but that's not the stock routing for the rear line. Check out this photo of the engine compartment
There are no rear lines in my picture. What you think is the rear line is the line to the right side front caliper.

Edit: Found these original pictures of my car before restoration

Attachments

·
1,183 Posts
There are no rear lines in my picture. What you think is the rear line is the line to the right side front caliper.

Edit: Found these original pictures of my car before restoration
I didn't see the rear line so I assumed that you had run the rear in a different route. My mistake. Your original photo matches mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts