Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of like Wheres Waldo.. ?

Steve I have a lot of cars I may have to pull from GA. Do you have the mega truck and trailer?

What would it take to get you to help? Once of the cars maybe ;)

Charles

· Premium Member
1,796 Posts
gas is all

These days, the easiest way is to just figure out what the trip would cost me in gas, which is pretty easy at 10mpg. I can do 4 Opels at once now, though, so no need for a lot of trips. My Zip is 57069 if you want to do a little quick time on mapquest to figure out your own estimate.

You can also drop the cost if you can get a load for me from the midwest to GA and from your neck of the woods back here. To do the trip I'm going to be using the gas anyway, might as well spread the fuel burden around.

Depending on how soon you need the stuff moved I might be able to make it even cheaper for you. There is a 30% or so chance I may become a GA Opeler myself in the next few months, won't know for a while. If it all happens though that would make the trip for you a lot more economical.

· Registered
1,088 Posts
oldopelguy said:
There is a 30% or so chance I may become a GA Opeler myself in the next few months, won't know for a while. If it all happens though that would make the trip for you a lot more economical.
Cool,
Come on down the weather is great :rolleyes: . The heat will take its toll on you but there is a lot of folks that never see the outside temp because they are inside all day long!.

Gean will recommend the east side of Atlanta, I will recommend the North side of Atlanta (close to 75 - Cartersville area). I am sure others will recommend other areas. It all depends on were the work is.

1996 Opel Calibra
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool..thanks let you know if the nieghbor bites on them.. found out there are only 4 cars. So between my Bro-in-laws truck and your truck and mega trailer should be able to get them safe and sound.

One of them is a 73' Blue Luxus (not a Blue Max, but shares a LOT of parts)

Charles

1996 Opel Calibra
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW.. anyone need anything transported from SD to Georgia? Virginia to Where ever ?

:) Charles

1996 Opel Calibra
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

1996 Opel Calibra
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think Valdasta area?

1996 Opel Calibra
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"SEEMS" being the perverbial problem with Opels. But your in Ohio so your a little more rust prone out there.

If interested I would give it to you if you paid Steve from GA to OH via VA. ;)

Charles

· Premium Member
1,796 Posts
for figuring purposes

Looks like a 3 legged trip using Atlanta as the GA spot is roughly 3100 miles. That would make it about 310 gallons of gas, and roughly $2.60 a gal and rising, so just at $800.

· Super Moderator
15,258 Posts
Stephen, we haven't talked in a while, but how far east are you planning on coming this fall? We originally spoke about meeting in Ohio so I could get that GT rear clip, or so I believe...

Bob

· Premium Member
1,796 Posts
vickies?

The plan so far is to pass it along to the Gages at Route 66 for them to then have it 'till you come get it. Gary's fender flares will be with it as well, so he may even be willing to drive on over with you to make a fully Opel-y weekend out of it. (He does have a rather convenient pickup, after all ;) )

If you need it sooner than that I'll have to do a bit of scrambling. Apparently during all this Opel themed driving this summer I somehow damaged the transfer case in the Jeep and it's pretty effectivly dead. That means I'll have to do the trip in the 4-door, which I would need to build a hitch for, or in the wagon, which curretly is sans motor, trans, radiator, master cylinder, and some rather large-ish parts of firewall. Workable, but not immediatly available.

· Opel Addicts
2,479 Posts
Small problem about getting things at route 66 to carry home, ....we will not be driving the truck. We will be driving a gt and a manta or two gts. I don't think we can get a rear clip and a pair of fenders in there....

Vickie & Allen

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
FWIW, I'll be hauling a trailer out to the Eastern PA area in September (or possibly October?) for our Tri-state meet. I could easily bring the stuff out in the back of my truck...TONS of room. I'm close to Pittsburgh, PA. ANY chance of this happening? If it matters at all, I'd be willing to forego the Sep meet and just bring the truck and trailer out to pick up my manta at Duane's for the October meet...I think Bob was planning to go to this meet as well? That way, no other worries about storage, and Bob will be there to take the stuff back with him. I'd love to go to the 66, but there's just no way...but if someone heading out to it has a way of bringing their stuff back through or close to my area it'd be no problem for me to store it and bring it out. I mean, with the price of fuel, let's work together to save all the fuel we can! Only person I know of going to the 66 is Tom Cavataio, but he'll be in a GT. If I can be of help, just let me know.

Todd K.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.