1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Opeler
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
inlet manifold for 2.4L

Hi everybody,

just a question......
I want to put a 2.4L injection (from OMEGA) on my GT.
Which inlet manifold must be used?
a modified 2.4L ? a 2.2L ?

How can I attach the gaz cable on the pedal?

Thank you

Marc

·
Super Moderator
13,841 Posts
marc556 said:
I want to put a 2.4L injection (from OMEGA) on my GT.
Which inlet manifold must be used?
a modified 2.4L ? a 2.2L ?
You have a few options.

You can use the standard 2.2 inlet manifold, but it is very small and you will lose some power.

You could cut the flange off a 2.0 inlet manifold, and weld the flange from a 2.2 or 2.4 manifold so it fits the head properly. You will have more power with this option than the 2.2 manifold, but not as much as the 2.4.

You could also get a 3.0 litre 6-cylinder CIH inlet manifold, and cut two inlet runners from that, then weld a new flange for the throttle body. This will give the best power, and will fit under the hood still.

Bob

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
hi marc are you thinking of doing an engine change or just injecting the 1.9 ?
if its a full engine change then use the one thats with the omega engine , if its just the injection then you can not fit the 2.4 one to the 1.9 head as the ports are higher on the 2.4
i would look for a manta 2.0l set up and use that as it will go straight on and the injection presets are ok to work with the 1.9 or 2.0
as for the gas linkage if you look in the section on injection there was some chat about it and photos a few weeks ago (sorry cant remember which thread it was in ) or use the search engine on this site and look for "injection linkage "
it should turn something up
there are pics in the photo gallery that might show it as well

·
Opeler
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Baz,

My engine is a 2.4L from Frontera 'long body'.
I want to use the manifolt which gives most power...of course!

If I use a 3.0L manifold, I'm noy sure that there is enough space in the engine bay (I don't want to modify it...).
What is the best way??
What is the power with a 3.0l manifold? do you know it?

·
Super Moderator
13,841 Posts
marc556 said:
If I use a 3.0L manifold, I'm noy sure that there is enough space in the engine bay (I don't want to modify it...).
Here is a photo of a standard 3.0 manifold, and you can see where it has been cut. For a GT it would probably be better to cut the two rear cylinders off the manifold, so it will be lower under the hood.

http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=58166&postcount=22

Hope this helps!
Bob

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
No Option ...

marc556 said:
What is the best way??
What is the power with a 3.0l manifold? do you know it?
To use a 3.0 manifold it has to be cut and welded to reduce it from 6 to 4 cylinders. Removing the front two cylinder runners and welding on a new throttlebody mount gives the lowest manifold with a forward bias to clear the GT ledge at the rear of the engine bay. Cuting the rear runner pair off pushes the manifold back and necessitates the cutting and welding of the rear at and angle which could compromise air flow into the rear cylinder......
The power with a modified 3.0 manifold will be much the same as if you used the stock 2.4 manifold - but you will be able to close the GT Hood!

Have a look here:http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4985&highlight=3.0+manifold

HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts